Assistant Professor-Tenure System
Back to search results
Job no: 924353
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
Eli Broad College Of Business
The School Of Hospitality Business 10008414
FAS- Fac./Acad Staff
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Agriculture, Research/Scientific, Tenure System Faculty, Full Time (90-100%), Non-Union
The School of Hospitality Business in the Broad College of Business at Michigan State University seeks applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor in Sustainable Hospitality Management beginning August 2024. The successful candidate’s work in sustainability will be grounded in any number of methods including corporate sustainability practices, sustainable tourism, economic development, and global studies of sustainability in the hospitality industry.
We welcome the interest of any applicants who are, or capable of developing courses and producing scholarship that explores the business of sustainability in the context of hospitality and tourism.
We seek an exceptional scholar and educator:
- With a significant, ongoing research agenda.
- Who as a resourceful educator uses sustainability as the core to impactful pedagogy.
- With a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Who has worked with community stakeholders on sustainability initiatives.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
- Doctoral degree (awarded no later than June 2024)
- Active research agenda that examines sustainable hospitality economies, tourism destinations, and hospitality (or related) corporations.
- Demonstrated achievement as an educator capable of effectively teaching courses at the undergraduate level in related areas.
- Experience working with Federal of Industry sponsored grants,
- International exposure is highly desired
- Work experience in the hospitality and tourism area an advantage
Required Application Materials
Applicants will be required to submit a letter of interest, curriculum vita, statement of teaching philosophy, and names and email addresses of three references.
Review of Applications Begins On
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend