Research Associate-Fixed Term
Back to search results
Job no: 900715
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Agriculture And Nat Resources
FAS- Fac./Acad Staff
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Research/Scientific, Fixed Term Academic Staff, Full Time (90-100%), Non-Union
The postdoctoral research associate is expected to conduct empirical and analytical research in food supply chains. The successful candidate will primarily work with Dr. Monireh Mahmoudi from the School of Packaging (College of Agriculture and Natural Resources) and Dr. Stanley Lim from the Department of Supply Chain Management (Eli Broad College of Business) at Michigan State University (MSU).
This position is contingent upon completion of your Ph.D. degree and receipt of appropriate employment authorization from the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services, U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
The appointee will be responsible for:
1) conducting research and taking leadership in writing research papers and grant proposals
2) developing collaboration with other research teams and industry partners. The initial appointment is for one year with the possibility of an extension for additional years. The expected start time for this position is January of 2024, though there is some flexibility in start time. The position can also accommodate an eight-month duration so that the appointee may begin a new employment starting in the fall semester. Preferences will be given to candidates who are already in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Doctorate -Operations Management, Managment Science
- A recently (or close to) completed Ph.D. in Operations Management, Management Science, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Economics, or related field is a minimum requirement.
- Advanced knowledge in choice modeling (e.g., multiple discrete models).
- Advanced knowledge in causal inference and use of econometric tools and statistical software (e.g., Stata, R, Python) to conduct research using secondary and primary data.
- Good writing and presentation skills.
Advanced knowledge of, and demonstrably significant experience with mathematical modeling, optimization algorithms and software (e.g., CPLEX, Gurobi), and data analytics using computer programming software (e.g., R, Python, Matlab).
Required Application Materials
Aspart of the application process, please submit the following materials.
- Current/Up-to-date full curriculum vitae
- Sample research papers (published, accepted, and/or working)
- Contact information of two references (please include email addresses and phone numbers).
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Review of Applications Begins On
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend