Back to search results
Job no: 900692
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Human Medicine
Pediatrics And Human Development 10022641
FAS- Fac./Acad Staff
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Health Care Professional, Fixed Term Faculty, Full Time (90-100%), Non-Union
The Michigan State University College of Human Medicine Department of Pediatrics and Human Development seeks a Pediatric Pulmonologist for our Division of Pediatric Pulmonology. Duties and responsibilities shall include:
- Pediatric pulmonary care, including bronchoscopy
- Provisioning care to children at a CF Foundation-accredited cystic fibrosis clinic
- Interpretation of PFT's
- Interpreting sleep studies
- Teaching of residents and medical students.
Patient care would be provided at both outpatient clinic and at local hospitals. Clinical or laboratory-based research opportunities are available. Michigan State University offers excellent opportunities for independent and collaborative research with preeminent scientists in respiratory research across multiple colleges and six campuses throughout Michigan.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Candidates must possess an MD or DO and should be Board-certified, or eligible for Board certification, in Pediatric Pulmonology. Candidates must be licensed, or eligible for licensure, as physicians in the State of Michigan and must be eligible for privileges at our partner facilities.
Required Application Materials
- CV with Cover Letter
- DEI Statement describing past role(s) in diversifying staff and student bodies, and promoting a sense of community at previous institution(s)
- Contact information for three (3) references (references will not be contacted without first notifying the applicant)
Please attach a letter of application, including a personal statement, curriculum vitae, DEI statement, and contact information (address, phone, and email) for three potential references who will not be contacted without notice to the applicant. The personal statement should indicate how this opportunity aligns with the applicant’s current research emphases and/or career aspirations.
Review of Applications Begins On
Summary of Health Risks
- Exposure to human blood, serum, tissue and other body fluids; and materials covered under Universal Precautions.
- TB risk or work within 3 feet of human patients in a health care setting or have potential exposure to animals or to specimens with Mycobacterium.
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend