Back to search results
Job no: 870617
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Agriculture And Nat Resources
Biosystems And Agricultural Engineering 10002038
FAS- Fac./Acad Staff
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Labor/Service/Maintenance, Operations Services, Skilled Trades, Fixed Term Academic Staff, Part Time (1-49.9%), Union
The Electrical Technology Program (Apprenticeship Program) is looking for candidates that can assist with preparing lectures, lab materials, grading assignments, and have input on students’ performance. You must be a State of Michigan Licensed Journeyman or Master Electrician.
- Provide instruction in courses within the Electrical Technology program.
- Create and present lectures with examples from real life situations.
- Teach students work safety and tool knowledge through hands-on labs.
- Collaborate with program coordinator on class content, student grades, syllabus, and apprenticeships.
- Maintain student records within MSU system.
- Ability to create curriculum for in-person and online learning experiences.
- Effectively communicate with students, colleagues, and administrators.
The selected candidate will be learning all aspects of the ET program at MSU. This is an academic year position (August 16 - May 15) with classes August – March.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
State of Michigan Licensed Journeyman or Master Electrician
Master Electrician License and master’s degree.
Required Application Materials
Resume, cover letter, and three professional references.
For more information, please contact Jon Althouse at 517-353-4896.
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend