Associate Director-Fixed Term
Back to search results
Job no: 848936
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
Intercollegiate Athletics 10070478
FAS- Fac./Acad Staff
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Athletics/Recreation, Fixed Term Academic Staff, Full Time (90-100%), Non-Union
Associate Director of Student Athlete Wellness
MSU Athletics is looking for an Associate DIrector of Student-Athlete Wellness to coordinate and administer services for student-athletes to improve their mental health, performance, and wellness. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide Mental Health Consultation to student-athletes
- Implements intake and/or screening procedures
- Promotes health, wellness and safety for athletes
- Performs characteristic duties of a counselor, social worker or psychologist
- Refers, consults and collaborates with athletic trainers, team physicians and psychiatrists
- Develop mental health programs and services that promote diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Completes University requirements, including POE, Title IX, and HIPAA.
- Ensures that University, NCAA, federal and state policies, procedures, and/or regulations are followed
- Maintains secure and electronic medical records along with confidentiality of medical records
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
- Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a degree in Counseling, Clinical or Sports Psychology, or Mental Performance Consulting with three to five years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience with elite athletes.
- Experience with development and delivery of mental health programming.
- Licensure or Certification that is required of their Credential.
Required Application Materials
Review of Applications Begins On
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend