Specialist - Outreach-Fixed Term
Back to search results
Job no: 815459
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
Research And Innovation
Office Of Research And Innovation 10059722
FAS- Fac./Acad Staff
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: PR/Media/Graphics/Comm/Fund Raising, Fixed Term Academic Staff, Full Time (90-100%), Non-Union, Remote-Friendly
The University Research Corridor (URC) Director of Research and Policy Analysis/Outreach Specialist will be responsible in leading the efforts to collect, evaluate, analyze and report institutional, economic and policy data relevant to better understand the historic, current and future impacts of Michigan’s three highly intensive research universities in the state (Michigan State University, University of Michigan and Wayne State University). They will be responsible for the following:
- Monitor the accuracy of URC analyses and internal and external content.
- Assist with identifying data and analytical needs by collaborating with university and external partners/stakeholders.
- Design and supervise special studies related to the University and higher education.
- Provide analytical and informational support for URC leadership on policy issues.
- Work closely with university and external partners to monitor State of Michigan budget allocations for higher education.
- Represent the URC on internal and external committees and coordinating agencies.
- Lead special projects from inception to completion to drive strategic and innovative concepts.
- Aid with escalation and de-escalation activities to align projects and operations with expectations.
- Assist with policy forecasts, strategic planning and trends analysis.
- Helps to develop and evaluate relevant metrics to measure success of URC initiatives/activities.
- Assist with aggregating metrics and other operational activity reports for senior executive consumption.
- Along with the URC Executive Director, represents the URC in vendor bid processes, presentations and demonstrations.
- Coordinate content development and stakeholder input for reports and presentations to diverse audiences including senior executives across the URC institutions and external partners and entities.
- Serve as the spearhead for the URC’s initiatives and a liaison to internal groups and other higher education and industry peers alike.
- Work with communications staff to publicize information about progress on key initiatives for the URC member universities.
- Work with URC PR committee to develop key messages and stories that target key stakeholders.
- Other activities as assigned by Executive Director.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
- The job requires knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired through completing one to two years of post-bachelor’s degree work, such as a master’s degree in economics, higher education, business, finance, or a related field; more than eight years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience higher education policy research or related fields; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- May require valid vehicle operator's license where needed to perform duties of the position.
- Other skills and/or physical abilities required to perform duties of the position.
- Knowledge of basic personal computer terminology and operations, and the ability to use e-mail and the Internet.
Required Application Materials
Cover letter, CV and names of three professional references
The university is requiring all MSU students, faculty and staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19 with limited exceptions. Learn more at: https://msu.edu/together-we-will/
Review of Applications Begins On
Remote Work Statement
MSU strives to provide a flexible work environment and this position has been designated as remote-friendly. Remote-friendly means some or all of the duties can be performed remotely as mutually agreed upon.
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend