Associate Provost-Exec Mgt
Back to search results
Job no: 772406
Work type: Executive Management
Major Administrative Unit / College:
Provost And Academic Affairs
Provost Evp For Academic Affairs 10050692
FAS- Fac./Acad Staff
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Administrative/Business/Professional, Executive Management, Full Time (90-100%), Non-Union
Michigan State University (MSU) seeks to fill the senior-level administrative position of Associate Provost for University Outreach and Engagement (APUOE). The APUOE is a leader/advocate who will serve as a facilitator and connector of University partners with one another and with external partners interested and involved in outreach and engagement work. This leadership role will help to extend the University’s work as a founding land grant institution where the faculty and staff have long provided substantive and demonstrable contributions and leadership through scholarly work (research and creative activities) to the problems and concerns of community partners. To further the University’s role as a national leader in outreach and engagement, the APUOE will work closely with the Office of the Provost and University faculty, staff, and students to innovate and implement the work of the Office of University Outreach and Engagement.
Primary responsibility for fulfilling the University’s commitment to outreach and engagement lies with the individual colleges and their departments/schools. The APUOE encourages and supports those efforts within the University in the following ways by:
- supporting and advancing outreach and engagement work that is inclusive of all fields and disciplines, communities, and social identities,
- facilitating partnerships and dialogue for outreach and engagement with external partners throughout the University,
- developing an inclusive vision, plan and strategic goals for community outreach and engagement,
- providing resources to support the work of faculty and staff across the University,
- assisting in securing resources internal and external to MSU to support outreach and engagement activities,
- promoting the use of new technologies and platforms as tools for outreach and engagement activities,
- advocating for policy/procedure revisions and organizational changes that will promote outreach and engagement work,
- publicizing the work of faculty, staff, and students who exemplify MSUs dedication to outreach and engagement,
- providing leadership on developing evaluative tools or instruments helpful in assessing and annual accomplishments in outreach and engagement activities,
- providing leadership on recognizing outreach and engagement in promotion across different faculty and staff classifications,
- provide supervision to the administrative leadership of University Outreach and Engagement units (https://engage.msu.edu/about/orgchart),
- implementing innovative approaches that involve students in outreach and engagement to increase community partner impact and enhance the student experience.
The APUOE is a leader who models respectful and collaborative work with the Michigan community. This individual should work to ensure that groups and organizations can readily access MSU’s knowledge resources. Finally this individual should be prepared to work with others to ensure that the campus is responsive to community-defined issues and to the needs of underrepresented communities.
The APUOE reports to the Provost, serves as a member of the Provost’s staff, and has direct responsibility for management of the Office of University Outreach and Engagement and its staff.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Doctorate -Ph.D., Ed. D. or other related terminal degree
- Ph.D., Ed. D. or other terminal degree appropriate for their field of study.
- Experience collaborating across disciplines and across constituencies.
- Experience developing and maintaining sustained relationships with communities.
- Experience in strategic planning, coaching and mentoring, and program building.
- Demonstrated agility and flexibility in managing and leading change.
- Demonstrated inclusive and innovative leadership.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in recruiting, creating and retaining a diverse workforce,
- Demonstrated effectiveness in creating an inclusive work environment,
- Demonstrated commitment to advancing equity, inclusiveness, and cultural richness in the outreach and engagement environment,
- Demonstrated record of scholarship related to outreach and engagement.
- Distinguished record of research, program development, and/or teaching.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
Required Application Materials
Interested candidates should submit (1) a letter of application, (2) curriculum vitae, (3) a statement addressing how past/and or potential contributions to diversity, equity and inclusion will advance MSU’s commitment to inclusive excellence, and (4) names and contact information of three references, of which one should be from a community partner.
The university is requiring all MSU students, faculty and staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19 with limited exceptions. Learn more at: https://msu.edu/together-we-will/
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend