Back to search results
Job no: 738669
Work type: Support Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Education
Counseling, Educ Psych & Spec Educ 10014204
CT- Clerical Tech.
Pay Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing, In State
Categories: On-Call, Temporary
Position Summary(Basic Job Function)
This a temporary or on-call position. Provides clerical support. Responsibilities may include secretarial, receptionist, bookkeeping, information processing or related clerical tasks. Temps On-Campus: includes College of Human Medicine, the College of Osteopathic Medicine at Detroit Medical Center, and the College of Osteopathic Medicine at Macomb University CenterTerm. On campus temps can work six (6) months then terminate for three (3) months or switch to an oncall. Off campus temps can continuously work nine(9) month appointment with a one (1) week break in between. On-Call allowed to work up to 40 hours/week for three (3) months then must be moved down to 19 hours/week and cannot work more than 520 hours in any six (6) month period.
Unit Position Summary
Compiles, checks, processes and/or analyzes complex and/or specialized department information/data; independently renders decisions; interprets information; apprises customers/clients/constituents of appropriate actions in order to facilitate the functioning of the Department.
- Receives, collects and processes complex and diverse information and independently renders decisions in order to contribute to information bases or request specific actions.
- Prepares and/or assists in developing and compiling analytical reports.
- Processes complex information in order to analyze options and to resolve problems.
- Interacts with University personnel, students, external agencies and the public, verifies information and makes judgments in order to ensure that records and resultant actions are correct.
- Prepares and processes requests in order to have materials ready when they are needed.
- Interprets terms and conditions of documents or agreements pertaining to expenditure of funds.
- Maintains and reconciles the bookkeeping records for multiple departments and/or programs in order to assist with budget planning, grant proposals and forecasting.
- Researches and collects data in order to assist in the preparation of grants, proposals and departmental reports.
- Drafts and types memos and proposals, reviewing and editing as necessary.
- Completes project work independently in order to facilitate the functioning of the department or section.
The job requires: knowledge normally acquired through a high school education; three to five years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in word processing, spreadsheet, database and/or desktop publishing software; presentation and webpage software; typing and filing; maintaining accounting ledgers; may require knowledge of technical knowledge or training related to the field of employment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Required Application Materials
Three Professional References
The university is requiring all MSU students, faculty and staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19 with limited exceptions. Learn more at: https://msu.edu/together-we-will/
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend