Research Associate-Fixed Term
Back to search results
Job no: 728331
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Human Medicine
Pharmacology & Toxicology Human Medicine 10022646
FAS- Fac./Acad Staff
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Research/Scientific, Fixed Term Academic Staff, Full Time (90-100%), Non-Union
Applications are invited for a Research Associate (Postdoctoral Researcher) position in the Horibata Lab in the Precision Health Program, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology at Michigan State University. The project will focus on understanding the mechanisms of drug resistance in ovarian cancer.
The position is available immediately for a highly self-motivated individual with experience in cell biology, molecular biology, cancer biology, and genomics.
This is a full-time, 12-month fixed-term position with reappointment contingent on excellent performance and availability of funding.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Doctorate -Biomedical sciences, biochemistry, molecular biology, or related field
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and organization skills.
- Can operate a variety of laboratory equipment; can perform analytical and research techniques such as cell culture, western blotting, real-time PCR, RNA isolation, immunohistochemistry, confocal imaging, and other related techniques.
- Expertise in sample library preparation for next-generation sequencing, RNA-sequencing, chromatin immunoprecipitation assay with sequencing (ChIP-seq), and in Assay for Transposase-Accessible Chromatin using sequencing (ATAC-seq).
- Ability to analyze sequencing data and/or write scripts in programming languages such as R or Python.
Required Application Materials
- Please submit a cover letter, CV with skill sets, and three names and contact information of references.
- Provide 3 references knowledgeable of your work.
The university is requiring all MSU students, faculty and staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19 with limited exceptions. Learn more at: https://msu.edu/together-we-will/
Review of Applications Begins On
Summary of Physical Demands
Lifting, carrying, and pushing/pulling
Summary of Health Risks
Exposure to human blood, serum, tissue and other body fluids; and materials covered under Universal Precautions.
Risks that have been identified by Environmental Health and Safety, such as exposure to lead, chemotherapy, formaldehyde, asbestos, etc.
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend