Back to search results
Job no: 693590
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Nursing
FAS- Fac./Acad Staff
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Administrative/Business/Professional, Health Care Professional, Health Care Support, Academic Management, Full Time (90-100%), Non-Union
The Associate Dean for Community Engagement and Public Service will be responsible for advancing the practice and community engagement missions of the College of Nursing and providing leadership for developing collaborative relationships across the local, national and global communities served by the College of Nursing. The position will lead initiatives that support faculty professional development related to clinical practice and public service and will provide administrative leadership for clinical operations of the College. The Associate Dean will lead initiatives that enhance collaboration between the College and Health Systems and other entities influencing health care. The Associate Dean for Community Engagement and Public Service reports directly to the Dean of the College of Nursing and is a member of the senior leadership team of the College. This is a full-time, twelve-month faculty appointment with distribution of effort across administration, teaching, and research.
- Provide leadership for clinical practice within the College of Nursing and the MSU faculty group practice, expand the opportunities for faculty practice and build academic clinical partnerships for the College.
- Act as liaison to community partners and support the development of networking among professional organization and healthcare system partners.
- Provide mentoring and support for faculty to develop their clinical practice and community service activities locally, nationally, and globally.
- Provide administrative leadership for nursing professional development activities within the College.
- Lead efforts to develop international initiatives related to academic, research, and practice partnerships.
- Assure quality and ethical standards and compliance with regulatory requirements for practice and service missions.
- Obtain and manage resources in support of practice and public service missions.
- Represent the College at the local, national and global levels.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Doctorate -Nursing or related field
- Doctoral degree (DNP or PhD) in Nursing or related field
- Eligible to obtain an RN license in Michigan
- Excellent communication skills
- Progressively more responsible nursing administrative/leadership experience
- Ability to articulate the vision, mission, and strategic priorities of the College to a variety of audiences
Required Application Materials
Letter of Interest
Name and contact information of three references
Address letter of interest, curriculum vitae and three references to: Dean of the College of Nursing, Dr. Randolph Rasch
Review of applications will begin on March 1, 2021 and continue until the position is filled.
Review of Applications Begins On
The College of Nursing is committed to the land grant philosophy and our relationship with the community. We are busy working to achieve our strategic priorities in the areas of:
- Community Outreach
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend