Research Associate-Fixed Term
Back to search results
Job no: 683967
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Agriculture And Nat Resources
Animal Science Department Anr 10002063
FAS- Fac./Acad Staff
48671.00-50000.00 Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Fixed Term Academic Staff, Research/Scientific, Non-Union
Research Associate-Fixed Term-Wen Huang
A research associate (postdoc) position is available in quantitative genetics and genomics at Michigan State University in the laboratory of Dr. Wen Huang. Our laboratory is broadly interested in the genetics of complex quantitative traits using Drosophila and livestock animals as models. Laboratory approaches include classical genetics, molecular biology, genomics, statistics, and bioinformatics therefore trainees are expected to receive training in these areas.
This position invites applications from candidates with background in experimental and/or quantitative biology. Candidates with a recent Ph.D. and experience in Drosophila genetics, molecular biology, bioinformatics are strongly encouraged to apply. Potential projects include mapping developmental and environmental regulatory variation at single cell and single base resolution, development of massively parallel assays to assess effects of regulatory variation, experimental evolution under different diets, development and application of statistical methods for explaining and predicting quantitative trait variation. Postdocs are also encouraged to propose projects that fit their own interest and align with directions of the lab. This position is initially for one year, renewable annually based on performance and the availability of funding.
Specific Position Duties
- Design and perform experiments using appropriate advanced biomedical research techniques
- Analyze and interpret research data, write research papers, and present research results at meetings
- Assist the principal investigator and receive professional training in proposal writing and laboratory management
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Doctorate -Genetics, Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics
- PhD in relevant scientific area including Genetics, Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics
- Experience in molecular biology, genetics.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently but also a team player
- A strong work ethic and a commitment to becoming an independent scientist
- Excellent skills in scientific writing
- Candidates with a recent Ph.D. and experience in Drosophila genetics, molecular biology, bioinformatics.
- Experience in next generation sequencing library preparation.
Required Application Materials
Application materials should include:
- Cover letter which includes brief description (not more than 500 words) describing your current research;
- Most recent CV;
- Names, positions, and contact information of three references who may be contacted including one from your most recent research advisor.
For more information about this position, please contact Dr. Wen Huang at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications will begin on January 4, 2021, and continue until the postilion is filled.
Review of Applications Begins On
Summary of Health Risks
Work with animals.
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend