Back to search results
Job no: 657794
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Music
Community Music School 10030163
FAS- Fac./Acad Staff
Pay Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Education/Training, Non-Union, On-Call, Faculty Academic Staff On-Call
Early Childhood Music Instructor
- Design and implement developmentally appropriate music classes for children ages birth through seven that correspond with the curriculum and instructional approaches of the Early Childhood Music Program.
- Interact with parents regarding the music development of their children through parent orientation sessions, informal discussions, and parent/teacher conferences.
- Complete progress reports each semester on the musical development of each child.
- Provide families with a recording of the repertoire for each semester as performed by the teacher so that families can support the weekly class instruction with interaction at home.
- Communicate in a timely fashion with the Director of the Early Childhood Music Program to enable the scheduling of teachers each semester.
- Fill out time sheets in timely and accurate manner.
- Arrange for substitutes when needed according to the Community Music School Early Childhood Music Program policy.
- Participate when needed in sample demonstration classes at CMS Open Houses and other venues in the community.
Collaborative Participation :
- Attend CMS and Early Childhood Music faculty meetings.
- Attend required early childhood music workshops when offered.
Bachelors -Music Education
Experience assisting in or teaching early childhood classes that are based on Gordon’s Music Learning Theory.
- Successful completion of an early childhood methods class or certification program in early childhood music that is based on Gordon’s music learning theory.
- Experience assisting in or teaching early childhood classes that are based on Gordon’s Music Learning Theory.
- GIML Early Childhood Certification Level 1.
- Early Childhood Movement and Music Association
- Gordon Institute of Music Learning
Required Application Materials
Cover letter and resume.
Applications will be reviewed as needed.
The work hour to be determined; some local travel may be required.
The Michigan State University Community Music School (CMS) is the outreach arm of the MSU College of Music and has two locations to serve our communities: CMS-East Lansing and CMS-Detroit.
Our mission is to provide a creative and welcoming environment where music experiences, education, and therapy services inspire individuals at all ability levels and stages of life to achieve their personal best. Founded on the belief that music dramatically enhances the quality of life, CMS offers opportunities for the study, appreciation and therapeutic use of music while nurturing the musical development of all. Financial aid is available to those with need.
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend