Public Media Director of Annual Giving | Development Officer II/S
Back to search results
Job no: 652119
Work type: Support Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Communication Arts Sciences
Broadcasting Services 10047117
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Professional Supervisory- APSA, PR/Media/Graphics/Comm/Fund Raising, Union
Public Media Director of Annual Giving
Works directly with the Senior Director of Development to define and implement strategies for the annual giving program including but not limited to on-air fundraising, direct mail, telemarketing and online to meet goals. Stays abreast of development/fundraising activities and trends within the public broadcasting and non-profit community. Work with programming and production staff to create successful campaigns. Use best practice tools and techniques to convert audience to donors. The Public Media Director of Annual Giving would create a strategy to identify and transition annual donors/members into major gift prospects. Analyze, research, evaluate and track effectiveness of performance of goals for department and staff. Work with Development team and General Manager to prepare annual budgets and define yearly work plans to include strategies for increased cultivation of annual giving. Supervises staff.
- Set and monitor goals for direct reports
- Increase retention and sustainers/donors for radio and TV
- Set Annual Giving goals to increase annual revenue
- Maintain on-air fundraising campaigns
- Acquire 2,500 new donors per year
- Create strategies and segmentation plan for direct mail
- Increase direct mail revenue by 5%
- Create communication plan including email, direct mail, phone
- Increase annual giving average gift amount
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year college degree program in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing and/or Business; three to five years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in public broadcast fundraising or expansive work experience in professional fundraising including public relations, marketing, higher education annual giving; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Experience in public speaking and professional writing,
- Dynamic, accomplished, responsive and collaborative individual with the ability to think and act strategically;
- 5-10 years professional fundraising experience in public broadcasting, non-profit charitable organization, special event fundraising or higher education annual giving;
- Ability to demonstrate positive results from direct mail, on-air campaign, special events;
- Proven track record of growing annual giving programs including recruiting new members, growing sustainers, increasing retention and average gift, success in recruiting and managing volunteers, donors, and/or members.
Required Application Materials
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter addressing your extent of annual giving/fundraising experience, and why you feel this position would be a positive career move for you. Please include the names and email addresses of three professional references. A writing sample is requested, see further instructions below.
In less than 500 words, provide a writing sample telling us what you enjoy about working in annual giving/fundraising.
Bidding eligibility ends on 5/26/2020 at 11:55 PM
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend