Senior Manager for Inclusivity / Senior Admin. Business Professional/S
Back to search results
Job no: 642770
Work type: Support Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Veterinary Medicine
Veterinary Medicine Dean 10046908
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Professional Supervisory- APSA, Administrative/Business/Professional, Union
Senior Manager for Inclusivity
The Senior Manager for Inclusivity will:
- Serve as the primary liaison on inclusivity to the College of Veterinary Medicine and to the members of the Diversity and Inclusion Committee. This liaison will oversee the day-to-day activities for inclusivity in the Office of Admissions, Student Life, and Inclusivity.
- Assist with furthering the mission of the College of Veterinary Medicine inclusivity efforts. These efforts include broad supervision of outreach activities, retention efforts and internal educational activities advancing inclusivity, as it relates to the King-Chavez-Parks grant (funded by the state of Michigan to develop the Science, Technology, Engineering and Math for pipeline development for veterinary medical program) and other priorities set forward by the College’s administration.
- Provide intellectual leadership and vision for diversity and inclusion initiatives to align them with the College’s priorities and values. The senior manager is expected to elevate inclusiveness and implement best practices related to diversity, equity and inclusion in areas such as leadership, access, retention, and advancement (faculty, staff and students)
- Monitor progress in the recruitment, retention, success, and advancement of faculty, staff and students who represent diverse populations and groups traditionally underrepresented at the College.
- Lead a team of professionals who are responsible for (1) compliance and legal matters, and (2) equity and inclusion; establish a collaborative, supportive, and high-performance culture that supports the success of those who work in the areas of inclusivity.
- Represent the College on University committees and to external organizations and communities on matters of inclusivity.
- Maintain metrics related to goals, strategies and tactics outlined in the 2017-2022 Diversity and Inclusion strategic plan.
- Create and disseminate content for MSU CVM and the community utilizing various methods including traditional media, websites, social media, marketing and promotion efforts within and outside of MSU.
- Maintain strategic inclusivity plan with team members in Admissions, Student Life, and Inclusivity. This position will lead strategic planning efforts and launch the new five-year plan in 2023.
- Determine best practices and develops policies and procedures consistent with organizational values and goals and recommends methods for integration of services with organizational initiatives.
- Maintain advanced knowledge of key industry and organizational metrics and develops business cases for projects and initiatives.
- Periodic travel will be required.
- Provide support and oversight for budgets, manages an endowment, yearly gifts and manages a large state-funded grant
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year college degree program in business administration, student affairs, or higher education with coursework in cultural diversity, or in a field which corresponds to the particular department of employment; five to eight years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in office procedures and administration, or in performing responsibilities related to the broad supervision of outreach activities, retention efforts and internal education advancing inclusivity; experience in a supervisory role; experience with word processing, database, spreadsheet, presentation software and/or desktop publishing, web page software; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Business Planning/ Business Process Improvement
Communication – the ability to effectively exchange with stakeholders
Service Focus – the ability to identify, attract and retain customers by offering high quality products and services, tailored to customers’ needs and expectations
Teamwork & Collaboration – the ability to work effectively with others
Job Mastery & Continuous Learning – the ability to seek continuous improvement
Analysis – Organizational Impact – Ability to understand and analyze the cost, technical, knowledge and/or technological implications of a change at an individual, department, affiliate, or regional level
Diversity and Inclusion – the ability to value and consider the perspectives and backgrounds of all parties
Ethical Practice – the ability to support and uphold the values of the organization while mitigating risk
Critical Evaluation – the ability to interpret information to make business decisions and recommendations
Work independently and with minimum guidance Ability to take initiative
Required Application Materials
Letter of Interest
Names and Contact Informaton for Three Professional References
Description of End Date
This is an off dated position funded until September 30, 2023 from the date of hire with possible extension contingent upon funding renewal.
Bidding eligibility ends on 3/31/2020 at 11:55 PM
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend