Senior Research Associate-Fixed Term
Back to search results
Job no: 640938
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Human Medicine
Pharmacology & Toxicology Human Medicine 10022646
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Fixed Term Academic Staff, Research/Scientific
The Pharmacology and Toxicology Department at Michigan State University (MSU) is seeking a highly motivating Senior Research Associate to work in a lab that focuses on drug discovery for cancer prevention and therapies, understanding mechanisms of obesity-associated cancers and understanding mechanisms of toxicity and inflammation from exposure to toxic chemicals. This individual will work as a team with a research technician conducting laboratory experiments on research projects within well-defined guidelines; keeps abreast of current publications relative to methods, techniques, and developments within area of research; collects, prepares, and analyzes specimens (or animal subjects); evaluates results of (or response to) process; summarizes data; may provide supervision and guidance to graduate students. Assists principal investigator with summarization, analysis, and organization of data for publication. Candidate should have Doctorate degree with a substantial research publication record, experience, and scholarly recognition in their field.
Someone with Toxicology and/or tumor biology experience is preferred.
- Collects, prepares, analyzes, dissects, and evaluates specimens and/or tissue cultures.
- Assists in making chemical analyses of body fluids and tissues; performs venipuncture and obtains blood specimens.
- Weighs and anesthetizes laboratory animals for experiments and maintains records on such animals relative to feeding and physical condition.
- Operates laboratory equipment; contributes to laboratory maintenance.
- Performs a variety of assays, tests, and studies of a routine nature.
- Performs calculations to complete research test results; collates data; performs statistical analysis of lab results and maintain notes and log or computer database; performs basic procedures for computer assisted data analysis.
- Performs small animal surgery.
- Performs microscopy.
- Participates in training sessions in responsible conduct of research and workshops.
Doctorate degree with a substantial research publication record and scholarly recognition in their field.
Required Application Materials
- CV and Cover letter including the work experience and techniques known
- Cover letter and 3 reference letters
Please provide 3 references
Review of Applications Begins On
Summary of Health Risks
Exposure to human blood, serum, tissue and other body fluids; and materials covered under Universal Precautions.
Work with animals or unfixed animal tissue.
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend