Assistant Professor Health Programs
Back to search results
Job no: 635272
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Human Medicine
Pediatrics And Human Development 10022641
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Fixed Term Faculty, Health Care Professional
The Department of Pediatrics and Human Development is a pediatric primary and specialty care department dedicated to providing excellent patient care, medical education and research. Our faculty engage in a wide range of clinical and research activities, with the focus of improving the lives of the children and newborns we serve. The current research activities in the division include lung biology, stem cell biology, NEC and placental microbiome. There is ample opportunity to collaborate with multiple basic science researchers at Michigan State University.
Our division of Neonatology is now accepting applications for an open fixed-term faculty position at their Lansing location. The successful candidate will provide medical care at our regional neonatal care unit and developmental assessment clinic. Academic duties include:
- Teaching medical students, residents, and fellows,
- Participation in research or other scholarly activity,
- Regular attendance at departmental and divisional meetings, and committee service as requested by your Department(s), College(s), and/or University,
- Special assignments as directed by the division chief of neonatology and the department chair
- Candidates must possess an MD or DO and should be Board-certified (or eligible for certification) in neonatal-perinatal medicine.
- Candidates must be licensed or eligible for licensure as physicians in the state of Michigan, and must be eligible for privileges at our partnered facilities.
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter
- Three (3) professional references
Review of Applications Begins On
Summary of Health Risks
- Exposure to human blood, serum, tissue and other body fluids; and materials covered under Universal Precautions.
- TB risk or work within 3 feet of human patients in a health care settingor have potential exposure to animalsor to specimens with Mycobacterium.
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend