Research Associate-Fixed Term
Back to search results
Job no: 632311
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Human Medicine
Radiology Human Medicine 10022711
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Fixed Term Academic Staff, Research/Scientific
We are currently looking for outstanding individuals to join Mahmoudi lab to contribute to our portfolio of medical polymers development and biomedical project. We are seeking to recruit a highly motivated, creative, and productive research associate with a strong background and experience in biomaterials, organic or polymer chemistry for the development of medical polymers for a wide range of therapeutic areas.
The main responsibilities of this position include
- Conduct chemistry & biomaterials research experiments with minimum supervision for biomaterial development in close collaboration with principal scientis
- Develop plans for research projects and help in research proposals
- Propose and explore synthetic routes, evaluate and troubleshoot reactions for biomaterial synthesis
- Plan and conduct analytical characterization of synthesized biomaterials using spectroscopic analysis techniques such as NMR, FTIR, UV, LCMS, etc.
- Document experimental works and analyze data, publish in peer-reviewed journals or patents
- Procurement of components, materials, reagents, equipment, and instruments as needed for the research
- Collaborate with scientists in a multidisciplinary team environment to accomplish research goals
- Perform other duties as assigned
Doctorate -Biomedical Engineering
- Recent PhD in Biomaterials, Biomedical Engineering, Polymer Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or a related field.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: Organic or Inorganic Chemistry, Polymer Science, Polymer Engineering or Synthetic Chemistry
- Proficient in the use of instrumentation for chemical and spectroscopic analysis, such as HPLC, LCMS, NMR, FTIR, UV, Fluorescence, etc.
- Excellent writing ability specially for communication results in the forms of scientific papers, patents and grant proposals as evidenced by presentations at seminars or conferences and publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Experience with radical polymerization
- Knowledge of protein modification
- Experience and knowledge on biological properties of biomaterials
Required Application Materials
Please send CV, cover letter and three academic references.
Review of Applications Begins On
Summary of Health Risks
Exposure to materials covered under Universal Precautions
Work with animals or unfixed animal tissue
Work with chemicals having different toxicity profile such as chlorinated solvents, toxic materials, etc
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend