Ast Prof/Asc Professor
Back to search results
Job no: 593752
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Nursing
FAS- Fac./Acad Staff
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Education/Training, Health Care Professional, Research/Scientific, Tenure System Faculty, Full Time (90-100%)
Michigan State University actively promotes a dynamic research and learning environment in which qualified individuals of differing perspectives, and cultural backgrounds pursue academic goals with mutual respect and shared inquiry. Academic and research integrity along with ethical behavior are expected of all faculty in the College of Nursing. The College of Nursing invites applications for the position of Assistant/Associate Professor in the Tenure System Faculty Appointment System. Position responsibilities include obtaining and maintaining an established program of funded extramural and interdisciplinary research; being a published nursing scholar; teaching across undergraduate and graduate nursing education including area(s) of expertise; outreach and community service and active involvement with college and university committees. The position also requires a strong commitment to student mentorship across undergraduate and graduate nursing programs. Applicant’s research should enhance or compliment current College concentrations in illness prevention and health promotion or self/symptom management of chronic conditions. The appointment of academic rank and salary are dependent on evidence of research, teaching and scholarship achievements. This is an academic year faculty position.
Doctorate -in Nursing or related field
- PhD in Nursing or related field; Master’s degree in Nursing is required if PhD is not in Nursing
- Unrestricted RN license without probationary status (or eligible)
- Strong potential for success in acquiring national extramural funding
- Record of peer-reviewed publications; minimum of two per year post doctorate
- Demonstrated commitment to advising and mentoring students
- Commitment to scholarly work to enhance practice, policy and education
- National and/or regional presentations in area of research
- Experience in collaborative and team relationships in research
- Meet criteria for appointment as an Assistant or Associate Professor in the tenure track at Michigan State University College of Nursing.
- Record of funding during doctoral program preferred
- Minimum of one year teaching experience at the undergraduate and/or graduate level in nursing or related field is preferred
- Post doctorate research experience is preferred
Required Application Materials
Curriculum vitae, cover letter and names of three references
Review of applications will begin on August 1, 2019 and continue until the position has been filled.
Review of Applications Begins On
Summary of Health Risks
Exposure to human blood, serum, tissue and other body fluids; and materials covered under Universal Precautions.
TB risk or work within 3 feet of human patients in a health care setting or have potential exposure to animals or to specimens with Mycobacterium
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend