Assistant Coach-Fixed Term
Back to search results
Job no: 870232
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
Intercollegiate Athletics 10070478
FAS- Fac./Acad Staff
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Athletics/Recreation, Fixed Term Academic Staff, Full Time (90-100%), Non-Union
Assistant Women's Golf Coach
The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics at Michigan State University is searching for an Assistant Women's Golf Coach to assist with all aspects of the Women's Golf program. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identify, evaluate and recruit high-level prospective Student-Athletes from around the world
- Develop and motivate student-athletes in order for them to attain success in all phases of their academic and intercollegiate athletic experience
- Assist in planning, developing and administering all phases of a Division I golf program
- Assist in the organization of team training, practice sessions, drills, qualifying and competition
- Assist with the budgets and financial development related to donors and alumni
- Work with team personnel on various administrative, team and academic related issues
- Uphold integrity and honor to ensure the Women’s Golf program is a point of pride for the athletic department, institution and B1G Conference by being compliant with institutional, Conference and NCAA rules and regulations
- Other duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
A bachelor's degree is required. A background of playing collegiate and/or professional golf as well as teaching experience. Acquired knowledge of industry standards for equipment and training tools. Ability to engage with University and industry compliance and support services. Ability to engage with donors and the community in fundraising and other promotional activities. Exceptional leadership, communication and organizational skills. An understanding of and commitment to adhering to all the policies, rules and regulations of MSU, the Big Ten Conference and the NCAA
Proficiency in computer use including Microsoft Word/Excel/Publisher, the Trackman system, GC Quad Pro, Stats systems and teaching software.
Required Application Materials
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend