Back to search results
Job no: 851447
Work type: Support Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
Asc Prov For Univ Outreach & Engagement
Upward Bound 10053881
Pay Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Position Summary(Basic Job Function)
This is a temporary or an on-call position. Provides professional support. Responsibilities may include general business, science, medical, agricultural or other professional support functions. Term: Temps can work two (2) nine (9) month terms with a week break in service in between and at the end of the second term terminate for three (3) months or switch to an on-call. On-Call allowed to work 1039 hours in any twelve (12) month period.
Unit Position Summary
The Upward Bound (U.B.) program at Michigan State University provides fundamental support to participants in their preparation for college entrance and graduation. The program provides opportunities for participants to succeed in their precollege performance and ultimately in their higher education pursuits. Upward Bound serves high school students from low-income families; and high school students from families in which neither parent holds a bachelor's degree. Upward Bound aims to increase the rate at which participants complete secondary education and enroll in and graduate from institutions of post-secondary education. https://www2.ed.gov/programs/trioupbound/index.html
Teachers are required to have:
- Prior experience teaching “at-risk”, low-income, and first-generation students.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Must be able to teach IN PERSON.
- Experience teaching in a collaborative fashion.
- Experience teaching in a student-centered environment.
- Successful completion of a youth background check.
- 2 or more years of teaching experience in the high school setting.
- Ability to work with diverse students.
- Teacher certification.
Alternate acceptable qualifications:
- 2 or more years of teaching as faculty in a college or university environment.
- Graduate students with teaching experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Required Application Materials
Please submit the following:
- A resume detailing your teaching experience.
- The topic you wish to teach, and a sample curriculum detailing a, one (1) hour per day, five (5) days a week for five (5) weeks course outline to College Access Initiatives Instructor Applicants: Mrs. Swiler @ firstname.lastname@example.org for review.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend