Research Associate-Fixed Term
Back to search results
Job no: 848863
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Agriculture And Nat Resources
FAS- Fac./Acad Staff
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Research/Scientific, Fixed Term Academic Staff, Full Time (90-100%), Non-Union
The School of Packaging is seeking a highly motivated research associate/postdoctoral researcher to evaluate the environmental footprint of products and packaging systems. The researcher will be working on several research projects supervised by Dr. Rafael Auras, and the research work is highly trans-disciplinary. The candidate will be required to conduct streamlined and full life cycle assessment (LCA) of different product and packaging systems as well as material flow analysis. The projects are conducted in collaboration with industry partners, government and national labs. The candidate is expected to mentor graduate and undergraduate students and provide required lab training and occasional lectures. The position is initially a one-year appointment with an extension available depending on satisfactory performance and continued funding availability.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Doctorate -Material science, Packaging, Industrial
By the position start date, the successful candidate should have defended a PhD in material science and technology, packaging, industrial ecology etc
- Expertise in fast and critical gathering and reviewing sizable amounts of information, and preparing main outcome reports
- Expertise in LCA methodologies, LCA inventory databases, LCA impact methods, and tools to conduct LCA
- Expertise in material and energy flow analysis
- Expertise with Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs)
- High numerical data competency with a high level of attention to detail
- Expertise in multivariate data analysis, including statistical software such as R, JMP, SAS, Minitab, Matlab project management and LCA software such as Simparo, GaBi, or OpenLCA
- Exceptional work ethic and professionalism, strong project management skills and collaborative spirit.
Required Application Materials
Upload the following required documents as a single pdf file:
- A letter of interest detailing your qualifications for the position
- A curriculum vitae
- A list of three professional references with contact information (full names, institution and email addresses and phone number)
Only complete applications will be considered. Only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted by email.
Application deadline is April 17th, 2023, and will continue until a suitable candidate is selected.
Review of Applications Begins On
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend