Assistant/Associate/Full Professor Tenure System
The College of Education and the College of Natural Science at Michigan State University (MSU) invite applications for a tenure-track open-rank professor position focusing on education and artificial intelligence, including learning analytics and machine learning to begin August 2023. The candidate will lead an effort to run an interdisciplinary center in artificial intelligence and education, including special education, teacher education, and STEM education. The qualifications of the candidate will determine the rank of the position.
The successful candidate will hold a joint appointment with the Colleges of Education and Natural Science. The candidate's background will determine the department(s) where the candidate will be housed. The colleges have several grants in the area of artificial intelligence and education, with current faculty from both colleges engaged in various efforts. The successful candidate will join this group and collaborate to help focus and grow these efforts as a significant research line for the University.
• Lead and direct an effort to establish a center in Education and Artificial Intelligence at MSU.
• Establish and maintain a scholarly research, publication, and grant writing record.
• Teach graduate and undergraduate courses in education, data science, and Artificial Intelligence.
• Advise graduate students and supervise graduate student research.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Doctorate -Education, Educational Technology, Learn
• Earned doctorate in Education, Educational Technology, Learning Sciences, or a related field.
• Proven record in publishing high-quality manuscripts in Education and Artificial Intelligence.
• Record of seeking external funding to conduct research, with experience in managing grant activities and staff.
• Proven record of engaging in interdisciplinary and collaborative research
• The capability to lead groups in developing grant proposals.
• Experience with data analytics, natural language processing, machine scoring, and/or computational methods applied to the study of learning.
• A background in using digital and AI technologies for learning, education, and work.
• Experience in teaching graduate students and mentoring doctoral students.
• Desire to promote equity, diversity, and inclusion in underserved and underrepresented populations in education, with evidence of efforts in research and practice.
Required Application Materials
Letter of application, a resume/CV, and names and contact information for three references.
The university is requiring all MSU students, faculty and staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19 with limited exceptions. Learn more at: https://msu.edu/together-we-will/
• The candidates should submit a letter of application, a resume/CV, and names and contact information for three references.
• The position will remain open until filled.
• Send Inquires to Professor Joseph Krajcik (email@example.com).
Review of Applications Begins On
Remote Work Statement
MSU strives to provide a flexible work environment and this position has been designated as remote-friendly. Remote-friendly means some or all of the duties can be performed remotely as mutually agreed upon.
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.