Back to search results
Job no: 843083
Work type: Support Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Engineering
Electrical And Computer Engineering 10016250
CT- Clerical Tech.
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Administrative/Business/Professional, Engineers/Architects, Office/Clerical Support, Research/Scientific, Clerical Technical- CT, Full Time (90-100%), Union
The College of Engineering is seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized procurement coordinator to oversee purchases for faculty, staff and students in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering. In this position, you will play a key role in procuring high-quality and cost-efficient supplies and equipment for the department. You will follow University and departmental procurement procedures, assist with maintaining an updated list of current and incoming inventory, and be responsible for placing orders and approving purchases.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Procures goods and services using Spartan Marketplace, purchasing card, and purchase orders.
- Assists with competitive solicitation process including request for information, sole source and single source justification.
- Contacts appropriate venders for parts, components, and systems while ensuring costs are within budget.
- Addresses export control and compliance issues related to international orders.
- Identify, research, and resolve problems relating to purchasing issues and identifies process improvements.
- Communicates, monitors and enforces the University and departmental procurement policies and procedures.
- Reviews and approves products and services.
- Manages department key and space requests.
- Serves as main contact for IPF requests.
- Processes department reimbursements.
- Additional responsibilities aligned with this classification will be assigned as needed.
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge normally acquired through a high school education with coursework in typing and shorthand; one to three years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in word processing, spreadsheet, database, desktop publishing, calendaring and/or presentation software; typing and filing; and may require knowledge of technical or medical terminology and/or technical training related to the field of employment; may require bilingual abilities in a specific language; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of MSU procurement processes, policy, and systems.
- At least 1 year of experience working in procurement or related position.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft 365.
- Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Accurate and precise attention to detail.
- Ability to work well with management, faculty, students and staff at all levels.
- Goal-oriented, organized team player.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
- Three Professional References with Contact Information
The university is requiring all MSU students, faculty and staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19 with limited exceptions. Learn more at: https://msu.edu/together-we-will/
Bidding eligibility ends January 31, 11:55 PM
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend