Research Assistant II
Back to search results
Job no: 830420
Work type: Support Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Pharmacology Toxicology 10034646
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Research/Scientific, Administrative Professionals- AP, Full Time (90-100%), Union
We are seeking a highly motivated and productive chemist/chemical biologist to conduct daily research on exciting recently funded pilot projects of early drug discovery and chemical biology.
- Apply, develop and conduct high-throughput screenings to determine different drug properties for compounds.
- Express and purify proteins for biochemical assays
- Adapt new technologies and solutions to program studies.
- Work closely with other project team members in the design and optimization of assays for measuring compound properties and the analysis of the obtained data.
- Prioritize compound screening efforts to ensure timeline adherence and project alignment to meet the laboratory goals.
- Ensure laboratory compliance with safety regulations and maintain routine day-to-day laboratory operations.
- Training project team members for running specific biochemical assays developed in the lab.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations, manuscripts, and proposals.
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year college degree program in the specific field of research employment or related science field; three to five years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in overseeing research projects and laboratory operations, operating and maintaining a variety of laboratory equipment, performing specialized and difficult analytical and research techniques, and designing research experiments in an area related to research being performed; may require software specific to the area of research; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. The position may require special licensing or certification in the field related to the area of employment.
Master's in chemistry or related fields or a B.Sc. in Chemistry or related field with at least 5 years of relevant research experience. Sound knowledge of high throughput assays and or experience in high-performance liquid chromatography coupled with mass spectrometry (HPLC-MS) would be considered a strength. Experience in baculovirus and E. coli protein expression systems are highly desired. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Works independently and leads from the bench. Demonstrates creative initiative. Results oriented with effective problem-solving skills. Open to suggestions and able to critically evaluate and embrace new or different ideas.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Required Application Materials
Resume and cover letter
The university is requiring all MSU students, faculty and staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19 with limited exceptions. Learn more at: https://msu.edu/together-we-will/
Provide 3 references knowledgeable of your work
Summary of Physical Demands
May involve heavy lifting/carrying and extensive standing and walking.
Summary of Health Risks
May be exposed to blood, tissue and other fluids; May work with animals or unfixed animal tissue.
The Bidding Eligibility ends on 11/29/2022 at 11:55 PM
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend