Extension Program Worker
Back to search results
Job no: 816991
Work type: Extension, Support Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
Michigan State University Extension
Extension Community Food And Environment 10058942
EXPA- Ext. Prog Assoc
25.00 per hour
Location: In State, Wayne
Position Summary(Basic Job Function)
In alignment with the mission, programs and initiatives of MSU Extension, delivers research-based information to program participants through various methods and/or provides support and coordination of MSU Extension programs.
Unit Position Summary
MSU Extension/Michigan Sea Grant invite applications for a temporary position serving to provide leadership for community engagement and science communication, related to Great Lakes, harmful algal blooms, human health, coastal resilience, coastal management, etc. Michigan Sea Grant is a partnership between University of Michigan and Michigan State University Extension's Community, Food and Environment Institute (CFEI), and fosters economic growth that conserves Michigan’s coastal and Great Lakes resources through education, research, and outreach.
In this position, you will identify, design, implement and evaluate research-based educational programs, community engagement, and science communication. Through your leadership, you will implement community engagement initiatives related to Great Lakes, harmful algal blooms, human health, coastal resilience, coastal management, etc. This includes working with local scientists, communities, and other partners on collaborative grant funded projects towards the completion of project deliverables.
Position Term: Temps can work two (2) nine (9) month terms with a week break in service in between and at the end of the second term terminate for three (3) months or switch to an on-call.
- 3-years’ experience in Extension program delivery or demonstrated ability and skill in educational program planning, implementation and evaluation (relevant experience acquired within the last 5-years, preferred).
- Demonstrated drive and initiative, with proven ability to manage multiple responsibilities and tasks simultaneously.
- Experience in successful contract and grant writing, including securing and managing grant funds and resources.
- Demonstrated skills and professional development from the last five years related to cultural competency and inclusive excellence.
- Experience with marketing/promotion of educational programs.
- Experience with community engagement and science communication.
- Proven ability in establishing and working with a diverse network of constituents and community members across race, gender, socioeconomic class, disabilities, and other differences to assist with program development and outreach.
- Understanding of and ability to implement Civil Rights principles and compliance standards.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Required Application Materials
Resume, Cover Letter, 3 professional references.
The university is requiring all MSU students, faculty and staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19 with limited exceptions. Learn more at: https://msu.edu/together-we-will/
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now