Assistant Professor-Tenure System
Back to search results
Job no: 815685
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Natural Science
Integrative Biology 10032920
FAS- Fac./Acad Staff
60000.00-85000.00 Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Research/Scientific, Tenure System Faculty, Full Time (90-100%), Non-Union
Tenure-track faculty position emphasizing research and teaching in the quantitative study of ecology, evolution, or organismal biology. Individual hired for the position will be expected to establish a vigorous, externally funded research program, and to contribute to the teaching of quantitative courses in EEB and IBIO.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Doctorate -Development of quantitative and/or computational methods
Ph.D. in relevant field
Track record of research using quantitative and/or computational methods for the study of fundamental questions in ecology, evolution, or organismal biology
Required Application Materials
- A cover letter that frames the application in context of this ad and the Department of Integrative Biology and Graduate Program in EEB at Michigan State University.
- A curriculum vitae, including a list of publications, accepted proposals for funding or other resources, contributed or invited presentations, teaching and mentoring experiences, leadership positions, contributions to the academic community, and public outreach efforts. Other professional information may also be included, as the applicant sees fit.
- A summary of research focus including the relevance of the research, research accomplishments, and future research plans. This statement should also describe past experiences with and future plans to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in research (e.g., through grant-funded research, publications, etc.).
- A description of teaching and mentoring philosophy, experiences, goals, and plans to address these goals. This statement should also describe past experiences with and future plans to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in teaching and mentoring (e.g., through mentoring, pedagogy, etc.).
- The names and email contact information for three individuals who can provide reference letters. References will be contacted for candidates selected for a short list of candidates.
- A copy of one lead-author publication that the applicant would most like the search committee to read (can be included as a separate file, if combining is problematic).
The university is requiring all MSU students, faculty and staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19 with limited exceptions. Learn more at: https://msu.edu/together-we-will/
Review of Applications Begins On
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend