Specialist - Outreach-Fixed Term
Back to search results
Job no: 788679
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
Eli Broad College Of Business
Department Of Supply Chain Management 10008570
FAS- Fac./Acad Staff
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Administrative/Business/Professional, Education/Training, Student Services/Student Affairs, Advising/Counseling, Fixed Term Academic Staff, Full Time (90-100%), Union
Michigan State University’s Eli Broad College of Business, Department of Supply Chain Management, is seeking a detail-oriented self-starter to serve as Director of Corporate and Student Relations. The director is responsible for industry awareness, recruiting coordination, student advising associated with the supply chain major as well as managing corporate membership and activities of the Supply Chain Management Council.
The Corporate and Student Relations Office (CSRO) supports undergraduate education beyond classroom learning, with activities that are an integral part of the excellent Supply Chain Management (SCM) program for which MSU is universally known and respected. The CSRO acts as a liaison between corporate contacts and students seeking internship, co-op, and full-time employment opportunities. The office also serves as a link between company representatives who are interested in developing relationships with the faculty and staff in the SCM department.
The CSRO director’s job responsibilities include:
- managing corporate relations and serving as the primary interface between the department and the approximately 150 – 200 firms that recruit from MSU annually;
- serving as departmental liaison to employers and Broad’s Palmer Career Management Center; involving appropriate faculty; and communicating, publicizing, and keeping Broad College Development and Alumni Relations and MSU University Advancement apprised of company visits;
- outreach to firms to develop internships and full-time placements;
- collaborating with University and Broad College Advancement to increase external funding for scholarships and student events/trips; this includes working with the Development and Alumni Relations department to attract corporate membership for the Supply Chain Management Council;
- organizing and managing activities of the Supply Chain Management Council, including events to increase engagement between senior SCM leadership in firms, professors, staff and SCM students; coordinating the Supply Chain Management Association (SCMA) Career Fair, which brings in +100 firms for full-time employment and internship recruiting;
- creating enhanced industry awareness of the excellence of the SCM program at MSU; aid the Development team in funding initiatives, and supporting visibility at national conferences;
- supporting company relations activities associated with the SCMA (student organization);
- advising students with career preparation for full-time employment, internship opportunities, scholarship funding opportunities, student events, and corporate trips;
- representing the department to, 1) evaluate admittance into the SCM undergraduate major; 2) select SCM scholarship awardees; and 3) serve on college committees to support corporate relations management;
- supporting and enhancing existing undergraduate co-curricular
- coordinating and grading (where appropriate) an internship co-op course and support several 1-credit electives.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
The position requires a bachelor’s degree, Master's preferred, preferably in business or engineering, and 10 years of experience in supply chain management or a supply chain related field, excellent computer skills, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Adobe, and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
The ideal candidate would be a self-starter, detail oriented, willing and able to pitch in when and however needed.
Required Application Materials
The university is requiring all MSU students, faculty and staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19 with limited exceptions. Learn more at: https://msu.edu/together-we-will/
For additional information, please contact Kelly Lynch (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Review of Applications Begins On
Remote Work Statement
MSU strives to provide a flexible work environment and this position has been designated as remote-friendly. Remote-friendly means some or all of the duties can be performed remotely as mutually agreed upon.
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend