Back to search results
Job no: 776024
Work type: Support Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
University Arts And Collections
Art Museum 10050506
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Library/Museums/Archives, PR/Media/Graphics/Comm/Fund Raising, Administrative Professionals- AP, Full Time (90-100%), Union
- Reports to the Director of Communications.
- Manages and implements the MSU Broad’s social media (drafting, publishing, listening, and engagement) for all social media platforms. Acts as primary digital audience advocate, supporting interpretive planning and research.
- Manages, updates, and troubleshoots the current MSU Broad website.
- Introduces strategies to promote the increase of communications objectives and stays aware of industry trends.
- Uses Google Analytics, Sprinklr, and social media native analytics to produce monthly “Digital Dashboards” to the Director of Communications.
- Manages an editorial calendar and the scheduling of posts.
- Manages and/or supervises content creation as primary creator or request contact.
- Manages copywriting and contributes with content for press releases and the promotion of public programs maintaining a consistent museum voice and language standards.
- Maintains flexible hours to attend events for posting to social media and is responsible for photographing attended museum events.
- Introduces and implements solutions for increasing public awareness and visibility.
- Introduces and implements solutions for increasing museum attendance and attendance to museum public programs.
- Monitors news for relevant articles and MSU Broad press coverage, sharing accordingly and managing the MSU Broad news page on the website.
- Strategizes and implements paid promotional strategies for print and on Facebook, Instagram, and other digital platforms.
- Offers support as needed to the creation of content including press releases.
- Offers support as needed with regard to graphic design for collateral
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year college degree program in Communications, Telecommunications, Journalism, Marketing, or Public Relations; up to six months of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in internal communications; news, broadcasting, and print media, and/or marketing, advertising, and creative services; graphic design; word processing; desktop publishing; web design; presentation software; spreadsheet and/or database software; public presentation; or radio production; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in communications, graphic design, or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Preferred 2+ years of social media management experience in an art museum or similar cultural organization.
- Experience with writing content or copyediting.
- Knowledge of graphic design software.
- Experience working under pressure of managing multiple projects and strict deadlines.
- Attentive to detail, with effective planning and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas and strategies to the Director of Communications and other departments, and amicably incorporate critical feedback and recommended changes.
- Demonstrated proficiency in social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn, as well as graphic design software.
- Knowledge of digital photography and editing.
- Working knowledge of Drupal and/or Wordpress CMS.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Required Application Materials
Please submit a cover letter and resumé.
The university is requiring all MSU students, faculty and staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19 with limited exceptions. Learn more at: https://msu.edu/together-we-will/
Bidding eligibility ends May 17,2022 at 11:55 P.M.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend