Professional Aide Project Pay
Back to search results
Job no: 777385
Work type: Support Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Engineering
Engineering Dean 10016256
Pay Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Position Summary(Basic Job Function)
This is a project pay position. Provides professional support. Responsibilities may include general business, science, medical, agricultural or other professional support functions.
Unit Position Summary
The Life Coach is directly responsible for supporting the socioemotional, mental, spiritual, and physical well-being of program participants. The Life Coach will build relationships with all participants, and serve as a support persons, for participants, as they go through the ESSA/ENGAGE summer freshman program..
Life Coach duties and expectations include, but are not limited to:
- Attend weekly staff meetings and provide information about student progress.
- Attend staff training.
- Keep accurate incident records and report to the Program Director.
- Arrange 1:1 meetings with all participants.
- Offer social/emotional support to program participants.
- Keep record of student progress
- Make necessary referrals to ESSA/ENGAGE social worker, as needed (Program Director will assist.)
- Submit a summary and evaluation of the program.
- Perform other duties, as directed, in support of the program.
Previous experience as a life coach, counselor experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
The university is requiring all MSU students, faculty and staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19 with limited exceptions. Learn more at: https://msu.edu/together-we-will/
Summary of Health Risks
COVID 19 risk levels vary
Remote Work Statement
MSU strives to provide a flexible work environment and this position has been designated as remote-friendly. Remote-friendly means some or all of the duties can be performed remotely as mutually agreed upon.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend