Assistant Coach-Fixed Term
Back to search results
Job no: 758342
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
Intercollegiate Athletics 10070478
FAS- Fac./Acad Staff
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Athletics/Recreation, Fixed Term Academic Staff, Full Time (90-100%), Non-Union
The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics at Michigan State is searching for an Assistant Volleyball Coach. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in all areas of running a highly competitive program in the Big Ten Conference
- Coordinate all phases of recruitment activities
- Oversee PSA identification, ranking, evaluation, and communication
- Maintain accurate future scholarship count
- Develop relationships with clubs, high schools, coaches, and parents
- Identify on- and off-campus camp/clinic opportunities
- Assist in creating recruiting aids - such as graphics, videos, and presentations - while monitoring changes of permissible activities
- Scout opponents and build game-plans to ensure success in a highly competitive league; operate with awareness of scout and statistical software (i.e. Data Volley, VolleyMetrics, etc.) while assisting in the development of comprehensive scouting reports
- Assist with practice planning and implementation of training strategies to achieve maximum learning and athletic progress of student-athletes
- Work in collaboration with coaching staff demonstrating strong interpersonal skills
- Participate in all phase of program including (but not limited to): camp execution, academic monitoring, marketing, fundraising, and social media efforts
- Utilize internal software including Teamworks, ARMS, and other database systems to accurately record various activities
- Stay current with Office of Compliance Services and maintain knowledge and adherence of NCAA and Big Ten Conference rules and regulations
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Coach
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit high-level athletes.
- Exceptional leadership, communication, and organizational skills. Strong commitment to student-athlete academic pursuits and overall well-being.
- Understand and contribute to the teamwork necessary within a coaching staff for optimal performance.
- Ability to work cohesively with administrators, coaches, faculty, alumni, student-athletes, and community members.
- Maintain knowledge and adherence of NCAA and Big Ten Conference rules and regulations.
- Preferred experience as a successful collegiate coach at the NCAA Division 1 level.
Required Application Materials
The university is requiring all MSU students, faculty and staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19 with limited exceptions. Learn more at: https://msu.edu/together-we-will/
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend