Asst Dir of Institutional Research/S
Back to search results
Job no: 753985
Work type: Support Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
Provost And Academic Affairs
Office Of Planning And Budgets 10050454
APSA- Pro Supervisory
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Administrative/Business/Professional, Professional Supervisory- APSA, Full Time (90-100%), Union
The Michigan State University Office of Institutional Research (IR) seeks an Assistant Director. The Assistant Director will assist IR in fulfilling its core mission of institutional decision support and internal and external reporting. IR supports strategic planning initiatives, communicates key data to university leadership, and acts as a campus wide analytical resource. IR values individual and group differences and encourage applicants who will contribute to a culture of inclusion on campus.
- Lead a team of high functioning analysts who aggregate, analyze, and visualize data for regular and ad hoc internal and external reporting
- Coordinate and submit federal and state mandated reporting, as well as association, and rankings reporting
- Provide timely and accurate analysis to inform strategic initiatives and assist university leadership in policy and decision-making processes
- Translate data into information and actionable and easily digestible analysis to support campus data needs and promotes a diverse, equitable, and inclusive institution
- Manage the projects, priorities, and workload of the team
- Be an inclusive leader and advocate for the team
- Act as a mentor, train, and develop staff
- Represent IR and the Office of the Provost of university wide committees
- Stand in for when the Assistant Provost for Institutional Research is not available
- Assist in the development of IR goals, audit implementation of goals and strategies, and evaluates outcomes and results.
- Develop and maintain productive and effective working relationships across the university.
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year college degree program in Business or a related field; five to eight years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in administration at a research university with medical programs; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The successful candidate will have extensive knowledge of higher education, preferably with experience at research intensive institutions. The ability to communicate complex concepts effectively to a variety of audiences in both written and verbal format is essential. Additionally, strong analytical skills including experience working with SQL, SAS, Tableau, R and other reporting and analytical tools is strongly desired. Strong time management skills, and ability to balance multiple ongoing requests preferred. Demonstrated inclusive leadership, supervisory, planning, and change management skills. The assistant director must be able to interact effectively with a wide range of constituencies at all levels of the university.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Required Application Materials
The university is requiring all MSU students, faculty and staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19 with limited exceptions. Learn more at: https://msu.edu/together-we-will/
Bidding Eligibility ends on 1/11/2022 at 11:55 PM
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend