Specialist - Curriculum Dev-Fixed Term
Back to search results
Job no: 720835
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Education
Create For Stem 40000100
FAS- Fac./Acad Staff
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Education/Training, Fixed Term Academic Staff, Full Time (90-100%), Non-Union
Applications are invited for an Academic Specialist-Curriculum-Fixed Term position in the CREATE for STEM Institute at Michigan State University. CREATE for STEM Institute is a collaboration between the colleges of Education, Natural Science, Engineering, and Lyman-Briggs residential college in coordination with the Office of the Provost. Our goals are to improve teaching and learning in the STEM disciplines for students from grades K-16 through research and development efforts. We bring together STEM faculty and faculty from the College of Education, and serve as a springboard and a hub for innovation, research, and intellectual collaboration, and help bring to fruition ideas and projects that will make a difference in the teaching and learning of STEM for all learners regardless of their cultures or experiences.
The Specialist-Curriculum-Fixed Term appointment will be a one year, non-renewable position assisting Institute leadership with curriculum, assessment and professional learning provision to K-12 schools aligned with the Next Generation Science Standards (teaching, learning, and assessment). Work may include:
- internal development, editing, and deployment of curriculum, assessment, and other materials for teachers and schools.
- contract work offering professional learning to support deployment of CREATE curriculum in K-12 schools.
- curriculum development, editing, evaluation and professional learning support in conjunction with research projects, including liaising with teachers and schools engaged in Institute research and development projects and supporting teachers in enactment of curriculum and assessments.
- observation, data collection, analysis, reporting and other related research work.
- representing the Institute and Institute work on curriculum at professional meetings, conventions, conferences, and other gatherings of K-12 teachers and administrators.
- development of new contacts and contracts for Institute research and curriculum-related professional development.
- other tasks as assigned.
The Specialist-Curriculum-Fixed Term position will be expected to work in a highly collaborative, diverse, and inclusive environment and participate fully in the life of an active research Institute at a public, land-grant university.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Doctorate -Science Education or closely related fie
- Ph.D. in science education or closely related field.
- Minimum 3 years successful teaching experience in chemistry or physics at the secondary level.
- Three years or equivalent experience offering professional development and classroom support to teachers using project-based curricula aligned with the Next Generation Science Standards.
- Demonstrated experience constructing, implementing, and supporting teachers in NGSS-aligned 3-dimensional assessment practices.
- Demonstrated research in curriculum, instruction, or evaluation incorporating the 3-Dimensional learning framework of the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS).
- Demonstrated expertise in communicating research results to diverse audiences including K-12 teachers and administrators.
- Experience in developing and deploying technology-enhanced science assessments for elementary, middle, and high school students.
- Experience in developing and deploying curriculum on Moodle, Schoology, Collabrify and related LMS platforms.
- Experience with the Drupal CMS platform.
- Familiarity with development of simple video to support curriculum and instruction.
- Experience in raising funds for future efforts through marketing, contract solicitation, grant writing or other pursuit of external funding.
Required Application Materials
Resume/CV; Cover letter; Contact Information for 3 References that reflect the range of skills and experience outlined above.
To apply, please go to: https://careers.msu.edu
Review of Applications Begins On
Underrepresented individuals in science and education are strongly encouraged to apply. Position will remain open until filled and review of applications will begin immediately.
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend