Specialist - Curriculum Dev-Fixed Term
Back to search results
Job no: 712834
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Veterinary Medicine
Veterinary Medicine Dean 10046908
FAS- Fac./Acad Staff
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Education/Training, Fixed Term Academic Staff, Full Time (90-100%), Non-Union
Director for Outcomes Assessment
Primary Function: The Director for Outcomes Assessment and Continuous Quality Improvement is a key member of the academic programs unit reporting to the Associate Dean of Academic Programs. In this role, the Director is responsible for the areas of DVM outcomes assessment related to testing, curriculum mapping and integration, accreditation standards, instructional design and student learning. In addition, the Director is responsible for continuous quality improvement processes that establish short and long-term programmatic goals that result in the achievement of measurable outcomes that are used to improve the quality of the educational programs in the MSU College of Veterinary Medicine (CVM).
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the associate deans to direct, manage and support continuous academic assessment and improvement of student learning through the development, organization, analysis and timely reporting of student outcomes.
- Lead curricular assessment and testing policy revisions.
- Develop metrics in gathering assessment data to include the evaluation of student learning objectives.
- Conduct scientific inquiry that advances key questions in assessment and evaluation.
- Monitor the collection and mapping of curriculum and testing performance data, and distribute and interpret the data to administration, faculty and staff.
- Support the ongoing development and implementation of comprehensive outcomes assessment programs that support the goals of CVM's strategic plan.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of various assessment data to support accreditation and program reviews, including dissemination of results and assisting others with understanding and appropriately using them.
- Interpret assessment findings and prepare annual and self-study reports to summarize such findings, with particular emphasis on the quality of the assessment efforts and findings that influence college decision-making and policy development.
- Stimulate and lead assessment research and scholarship.
- Provide strategic advice and consultation to leadership in the development, implementation, and evaluation of modifications and enhancements to existing outcomes assessment.
- Record, store, manage, and disseminate confidential and sensitive assessment data, as appropriate.
- Actively participate in education delivery.
- Develop and implement instruments designed to facilitate the peer-observation process. https://teachingacademy.westregioncvm.org/initiative-localpeerobservation/
- Participate in meetings related to the veterinary curriculum, including course moderator, department chair, and the college curriculum committee.
- Represent the College in university, community and professional activities, meetings, and committees as assigned.
- Assist in the day-to-day supervision, functions and operations of the office of Academic Programs.
- Work closely with associate deans to develop, direct, manage and support self-study and learning-support communities for Veterinary Nursing and DVM students.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Doctorate -Veterinary Medicine
- DVM degree, or equivalent.
- Experience applying advanced statistical methods and programs commonly used in psychometric work or research (e.g., SAS, SPSS, R).
- Experience solving analytical issues through quantitative approaches.
- Experience with external stakeholder groups including but not limited to program accreditation and national and state governmental agencies and licensing boards.
- Strong technical writing skills as demonstrated through research papers, publications, or technical reports.
- Ability to effectively present and summarize technical information orally and in writing to a variety of audiences.
- Project management skills necessary to lead aspects of a complex and dynamic program.
- Communication skills necessary to function effectively with project teams and external collaborators.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in interpersonal and group communication that reflect a commitment to cultural diversity.
- PhD or other advanced degree in a field appropriate to the area of statistics or learning analytics.
- Power BI, Tableau or comparable visualization software experience.
- Ability to conduct independent research in learning, instruction, or assessment.
- Ability to train and mentor others.
- Experience liaising across educational program operations and faculty and students.
- Leadership skills, including the ability to prioritize and set short- and long-range goals, as well as to marshal personnel and resources to accomplish goals.
- Curiosity, knowledge, and spirit of innovation.
Required Application Materials
Resume or CV
Letter of Interest
Listing of References, which includes the name and contact information for three professional references
Review of Applications Begins On
The MSU College of Veterinary Medicine is the trusted leader in animal health, delivering unparalleled solutions to serve an ever-evolving world. The MSU College of Veterinary Medicine is committed to creating an environment in which every member of our community is seen, heard, and valued. Diversity, equity, and inclusion work is essential to that endeavor and is centric to CVM values. The core values of the MSU College of Veterinary Medicine are:
- Diversity - We act purposefully to attract and retain talented students, faculty, and staff who reflect the diversity of the populations we serve. Our environment supports and nurtures all people as respected individuals.
- Innovation - We support and encourage new ideas, even when those ideas dispel tradition.
- Integrity - We promote integrity as the foundation on which we build relationships, through respectful and accountable behavior.
- Compassion - We act with kindness, sensitivity, and professionalism. We accept and respect each other and the animals under our care.
- Collaboration - We work in unity to bolster knowledge, skills, and resources to advance our mission.
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend