MSU IT Strategic Relations is seeking a motivated, highly organized leader to provide operational management for its talented cross-functional communications and marketing team of nine (9). This position will oversee the development and execution of internal and external campaigns and content plans that increase awareness and visibility of the services and value MSU IT provides. Working closely with the Executive Director of MSU IT Strategic Relations, this position will track and analyze daily activities and resource deployment to keep efforts aligned with strategic objectives, while mentoring and providing creative direction to the team and contributing to content creation. Candidates who like to work collaboratively, have experience managing a team, enjoy problem solving on the fly, and have a strong portfolio of effective storytelling and campaign development are encouraged to apply.
Manages the information, public relations, and marketing activities for the MSU IT Communications Team: creates print materials, multimedia, digital communications, and leads large scale events in order to inform the public and the University. Develop content strategy and content development plan for clients in alignment with goals and with marketing and communications plans. Manages a team of 9 full-time employees and 2 students.
- Develop, coordinate, and execute content strategy and development plan for clients in alignment with marketing and communications objectives.
- Oversee and contribute to content development working with writers, graphic designers, and other creative team members.
- Work collaboratively with Executive Director of MSU IT Strategic Relations, unit leaders and their teams to identify and understand goals and establish priorities to deliver successful marketing communications solutions.
- Oversee and contribute to development and implementation of high-quality communications products including websites, annual reports, promotional emails, digital communications, including recommending technology to be used to implement goals, while ensuring that the team does not exceed our budget.
- Maintain positive relationships with vendors to secure good rates for advertising and production.
- Manage the staff in the coordination of special events including the design and presentation of material at workshops and forums.
- Plan and edit print and visual material for communication for departments within MSU IT to inform of events or unit initiatives.
- Supervise and direct communications and creative staff for MSU IT.
MSU Information Technology provides the primary leadership for strategic, financial, and policy initiatives affecting information technology (IT) across MSU. MSU IT offers technology resources that support MSU’s mission of providing education, conducting research, and advancing engagement.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) are essential elements, vital to the culture MSU Information Technology endeavors to cultivate. This includes providing opportunities and access for all people which incorporate differences of race, age, color, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, migratory status, disability/abilities, political affiliation, veteran status and socioeconomic background.
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year college degree program; three to five years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in marketing or communications; and/or public relations, news, advertising, creative services or a related field; any equivalent combination of education and experience
Experience in the following areas preferred: managing cross-functional teams; working in a deadline-driven environment; creating and managing editorial calendars; developing and executing multi-channel marketing campaigns for internal and external audiences; production of large-scale events; effective storytelling; tracking and reporting on status and performance analytics.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Required Application Materials
Resume, cover letter, 2 writing samples
Examples of current or past campaigns encouraged
Bidding eligibility ends on 9/22/2020, 11:55 PM