Research Associate-Fixed Term
Back to search results
Job no: 634962
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Human Medicine
Pediatrics And Human Development 10022641
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Fixed Term Academic Staff, Research/Scientific
Postdoctoal Research Associate
Department of Pediatrics and Human Development Associate Professor Xiaopeng Li, PhD seeks applications for the position of Research Associate. The Research Associate will be responsible for assisting Dr. Li with his study of cystic fibrosis.Research topics in the Li Lab include pathogenesis of cystic fibrosis, gene and stem cell therapies, and lung injury and repair.
The Research Associate will conduct experiments, collect and analyze experimental data, perform operational duties (both at the bench and at the field), prepare manuscripts and/or other publications, assist with lab administration and project management, and help keep laboratory facilities and equipment in working order.
Doctorate -Biology or a related field
Only candidates with the following qualities will be considered:
- Ph.d. in biology or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with mouse colony setup and maintenance (including inbreeding and general animal husbandry)
- Experience performing qPCR, qRT-PCR, DNA sequencing, mRNA isolation, cDNA synthesis, immunoblots, and immohistochemistry
- Experience performing DNA, RNA, and protein preparation and purification
- Experience performing mouse dissection, including tracheostomy, lung ventilation, BAL collection, and lung removal
- Experience with cell and tissue culture
- Experience creating and maintaining databases
Candidates with the following skills are preferred:
- Experience working with pigs, including lung removal and small airway dissection
- Experience with pig physiology and animal lung ventilators
- Experience operating, troubleshooting, cleaning, and maintaining laboratory equipment (including spectrophotometers and centrifuges)
- Experience compiling data performing data analyses, and writing summary reports
- Experience ordering lab supplies, maintaining EHS compliance, and training graduate students
- Experience working at an academic research institution
The successful candidate will be:
- Self-motivated; an individual who takes the initiative and embraces the responsibility of independently managing their project
- Hands-on, and detail oriented; a researcher capable of thinking critically and designing experiments to solve complex research problems effectively.
- A team player who is willing to collaborate within the research group and proactively share knowledge and expertise with other lab members.
Required Application Materials
Applicants must provide:
- A cover letter
- A CV
- A list of three (3) professional references
Review of Applications Begins On
Summary of Health Risks
Work with animals or unfixed animal tissue.
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend