Specialist - Outreach-Fixed Term
Back to search results
Job no: 622154
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Social Science
Social Work 10038782
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Fixed Term Academic Staff, Education/Training
The MSU School of Social Work is dedicated to educating students for ethical, competent, responsive, and innovative social work practice, and to conducting and disseminating high quality research that improves the well-being of the most vulnerable in society. Our teaching, research, and outreach synergistically promote social justice, positive change, and solutions to the problems facing diverse individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities. More than 650 students are enrolled in our CSWE-accredited BASW and MSW programs, and PhD program.
The MSU School of Social Work is seeking a dynamic, organized, team and results oriented person for the position of Specialist – Outreach, Program Director of our Continuing Education. As a member of the faculty and the Director of Continuing Education is responsible for leading and implementing the School’s ongoing professional development program for social workers, psychologists, and licensed professional counselors. This position is responsible for identifying and addressing the learning needs of practicing professionals throughout the state of Michigan, through market assessment and content development, strategic program planning, program implementation, and evaluation. The Continuing Education Director engages in extensive outreach and collaboration with both internal and external networks to advance the mission of the School. In addition, this position directs the operations, planning, and marketing efforts for in person and distance learning programs and is responsible for managing resources to accomplish goals and generate new revenues. The Program Director manages and/or oversees task assignments of the Continuing Education team. This position engages in continuous quality improvement, develops and implements policies and procedures in alignment with University, College, and School business rules, and complies with professional regulatory codes. This role is responsible for teaching academic and continuing education courses as assigned. Duties also include attending required School meetings and activities and participating in committee work.
Masters -Social Work
- Masters in Social Work, plus state of Michigan license eligible with five year post-MSW experience including administrative roles.
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learner concepts and practices, including distance learning practices.
- Skill in effective leadership and teamwork.
- Commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Understanding of Michigan Social Work licensure law, social work continuing education guidelines and requirements and the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) guidelines;
- Experience with regulatory compliance;
- Demonstrated experience with market analysis, fund development, performing gap analyses, identifying talent, and managing people.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, and Zoom.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
- A statement on how diversity and inclusion can be advanced through continuing education
Review of applications will begin November 25, 2019 and will continue until position is filled.
Review of Applications Begins On
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend