Specialist - Curric Dev-On-Call
Back to search results
Job no: 612001
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Global Health Studies 40001129
Pay Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Faculty Academic Staff On-Call, Non-Union, On-Call, Health Care Professional
The Institute for Global Health within the College of Osteopathic Medicine at Michigan State University is seeking outstanding candidates for anticipated fixed-term (non-tenure system) faculty positions in the Master of Science in Global Health program. Primary responsibilities will be course development of online graduate courses and contributing to the program assessment and quality. Applicants in this pool are reviewed as needed when the program has an immediate need to fill a vacancy, beginning as soon as possible.
- Master’s degree (global health or related discipline)
- International field experience
- High level of interpersonal, verbal, visual and written communication skills
- Experience with a wide range of computer software, hardware, and computing tools
- Must be familiar with the following technologies:
- D2L and other learning management systems
- Google Apps and other cloud-based software
- Online communication tools (Zoom, Google+, etc.)
A PhD in global health or related field and recent global health experience; Hires will be ranked based on education, experience, commitment to working as part of a team, commitment to student experience, and excellence in communication and leadership skills.
Required Application Materials
- CV/resume and cover letter
- Responses to the following questions:
- 1. Please describe your interest and experience in global health field work (200 word limit)
- 2. Please describe your experience in course development and instruction (200 word limit)
Hours will vary due to availability of applicant and need of department.
Review of Applications Begins On
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend