Research Associate-Fixed Term
Back to search results
Job no: 604497
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Engineering
Mechanical Engineering 10016576
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Fixed Term Academic Staff, Engineers/Architects, Research/Scientific
The department of mechanical engineering is looking for a research associate (postdoc) in multiphase flow and heat transfer. The postdoctoral research associate will work to develop and study novel mass, momentum, and thermal transport for a novel process water remediation technology. Successful candidates bring along a well-balanced combination of experimental and analytical capabilities in the thermal and fluid sciences.
Doctorate -Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Excellent analytical skills, in particular the ability to develop analytical and numerical heat and mass transfer models of complex multiphase flow systems with evaporation and condensation
- Experience in developing numerical simulations of heat and mass transfer
- Good background in three or more of the following programming languages: Fortran, C, C++, Matlab, Python
- Experience in designing, assembling, and testing experimental devices for thermal fluid systems,
- Background in data acquisition and analysis,
- Background in mass transport kinetics,
- Good English writing and presentation skills,
- Good teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Background in CFD
- Experience in simulating multiphase flow through complex media
- Heat exchanger design
- Background in water chemistry
- Strong understanding of thermodynamics of multicomponent mixtures
Required Application Materials
Please submit a CV and cover letter.
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend