Research Associate-Fixed Term
Back to search results
Job no: 590650
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Pharmacology Toxicology 10034646
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Fixed Term Academic Staff, Research/Scientific, Non-Union
The Department of Pharmacology & Toxicology is seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher with at least one year of industrial experience to work on a synthetic project. A candidate who graduates within 2 years and has extensive experience in organic synthesis, especially with oxygen sensitive compounds. Postdoctoral researcher will primarily be on the synthesis and design of variety of oxygen-sensitive compounds. The successful candidate will also train and supervise both graduate and undergraduate students in the lab. As well as assist with administrative work in the lab, including publish research, apply fellowships/grants and assist in grant preparation.
- A Ph.D. in Chemistry with strong background in synthetic chemistry, preferably in the synthesis of oxygen sensitive compounds.
- Proficient English writing and communication skills.
- Productivity will be determined by peer-reviewed publications in the international scientific journals.
- ≥ 1 year of industrial experience.
- Willingness to work with radioactive compounds.
- Ability to independently solve the scientific problem and design and conduct experiment.
Required Application Materials
Resume and cover letter.
Review of application will begin on September 5, 2019, and will continue until filled.
Provide 3 references.
Summary of Health Risks
Work with animals or unfixed animal tissue.
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend