Back to search results
Job no: 562134
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
Research And Innovation
Clinical And Translational Sciences 10050089
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Fixed Term Faculty, Information Technology, Research/Scientific, Non-Union
Assistant Professor/Assistant Director
The Biomedical Research Informatics Core seeks a biomedical informatics, data science, or related health services research professional to assume the position of Assistant Director. The individual will lead research projects; oversee the delivery of informatics and data management services and consulting; participate in grant proposals; and develop a personal portfolio of funded research and peer-reviewed publications in an informatics, data science, public health, or related health services discipline. Oversight of data management and biomedical research informatics services and consulting will pertain both to pre-award and post-award phases of research. The Assistant Director will engage in a program of individual and collaborative research, and promote a collegial and collaborative environment. Review of applications will start immediately, and the position will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found. Salary is commensurate with experience plus benefits.
- An earned PhD and a record of accomplishment in research and/or research infrastructure development demonstrated by at least one of the following:
- (1) peer reviewed publications;
- (2) grant funding; or
- (3) experience overseeing the development of informatics infrastructure in an environment such as biomedical informatics, health informatics, health services research, clinical research informatics, environmental health, epidemiology, public health, computational science, data science, research data warehouse development, or other similar field.
- Candidate experience includes either two or more years of previous management experience including budget oversight and human resources management; or two or more years of previous experience providing leadership for data collection, data preparation, and informatics services to support research.
- Evidence of leadership and communication skills is also desired.
- Experience with service center operations in the public or private sector, preferably in a research environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with outside unit leaders and professionals, as well as internal staff. Three to five years of experience working in a health- or informatics-related college, department, or research unit (e.g. medicine, nursing, environmental health, behavioral health, public health, epidemiology).
- Active participation in a professional organization (conference attendance, posters, oral presentations, etc.) such as the American Medical Informatics Association or similar organizations.
- Experience with the use or development of software applications/systems such as REDCap, data enclaves, i2b2, or similar systems used for secure data collection and analysis. An understanding and experience with data and information system security, confidentiality and privacy.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Names and contact information of at least three professional references
Review of applications will begin March 1, 2019, and will continue until position is filled. Applications must be submitted electronically through the Michigan State Univesity Human Resources website http://careers.msu.edu. For additional information, interested individuals can contact the Clinical Translational Sciences Institute Search Committee Chair: Dr. Eric P. Kasten Director, Biomedical Research Informatics Core Associate Director, Clinical & Translational Sciences Institute Michigan State University email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of Applications Begins On
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend