Back to search results
Job no: 558970
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Nursing
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Academic Management, Tenure System Faculty, Education/Training, Research/Scientific, Non-Union
Associate Dean for Research
Michigan State University College of Nursing invites applications for the position of Associate Dean for Research. The Associate Dean for Research is responsible for advancing the College of Nursing research mission and the leadership of the PhD program including collaboration with faculty for recruitment, admission, implementation of the curriculum and evaluation of the PhD program. This position is also responsible for the preparation of future nurse researchers through our PhD program. The Associate Dean for Research creates and maintains an environment that supports the ethical conduct of research and provides administrative oversight to all activities related to obtaining funding including the management of the College of Nursing Center for Nursing Research, Scholarship and Innovation and the supervision of research and the PhD program support staff. The Associate Dean for Research is a member of the senior leadership team. This is a full-time, tenured (twelve-month) faculty position with a distribution of effort across administration, teaching and research.
- Provide leadership for research within the College of Nursing, expand NIH and other federal and foundation research funding, and build strengths in targeted areas consistent with the College’s research strategic priorities;
- Assist with the mentoring of faculty in the development and maintenance of their research programs, develop a network of collaborators, and relationships with funding sources;
- Assure an efficient level of support for faculty and student researchers, including pre- and post-award support and regulatory oversight;
- Assure ethical, scientific integrity and regulatory compliance of research;
- Develop, obtain and manage resources in support of the research mission;
- Represent the College at the University, community and national levels;
- Maintain scholarship and a funded program of research to serve as a scholarly role model.
Doctorate -in Nursing or related field
- Established record of extramurally funded research in nursing or related field that contributes to nursing or health related knowledge;
- Demonstrated ability to mentor junior faculty in their pursuit of externally funded nursing research;
- Ability to obtain an appointment consistent with a tenured Associate or Full Professor;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to articulate the vision, mission and strategic priorities of the College to a variety of audiences.
- Eligible to obtain RN license in Michigan is preferred;
- Administrative experience in research and/or graduate studies is preferred.
Required Application Materials
Curriculum vitae, resume and the names and contact information of three references
Please address cover letter to Randolph Rasch, Dean and Professor before attaching it to your application.
Review of Applications Begins On
The College of Nursing is committed to the land grant philosophy and our relationship with the community. We are busy working to achieve our strategic priorities in the areas of:
• Community Outreach
Across all of these priority areas we seek to increase appreciation for diversity and incorporate the value of inclusion into our College.
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend