Research Associate-Fixed Term
Back to search results
Job no: 584305
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Engineering
Chemical Engineering And Materials Sci 10016140
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Fixed Term Academic Staff, Engineers/Architects
A postdoctoral Research Associate position is immediately available in the group of Professor K. Jayaraman in the department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science at Michigan State University. The title of the project associated with this position is “Dimensional Stability of Low-Cost Thermoplastic Composite Molds.”
The selected researcher will work to develop protocols for additive manufacturing of molds from polymer composites along with experimentally validated predictions for dimensional stability of the molds. The successful candidate will have a strong background in rheology and mechanics of polymeric materials as well as manufacturing with composites. A doctoral degree in Polymer Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field is required. The position is initially till May 31, 2020 and renewable annually based on performance and availability of funding.
Doctorate -Polymer Engineering, Chemical Engineerin
Requires a doctoral degree in Polymer Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering or a closely related field. Applicants must have defended their PhD by the time of employment.
- The successful candidate will have a strong background in rheology and mechanics of polymeric materials as well as manufacturing with composites.
- Prior publication record in polymer composites, background in mechanics, additive manufacturing and use of design software.
Required Application Materials
- a cover letter stating your background, experiences, skills, interest in the position, and career objectives;
- a curriculum vitae or resume;
- names and contact information for two references who can write a confidential letter on your behalf and discuss your research skills
Review of Applications Begins On
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend