Unit Human Resources Administrator II
Back to search results
Job no: 560435
Work type: Support Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
Ofc Civil Rights And Title 9 Ed And Comp
Civil Rights And Title Ix Educ And Comp 40001071
55500.00 - 77000.00 Salary Commensurate
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Administrative Professionals- AP, Education/Training, Human Resources, Union
Campus Equity Navigator
The Campus Equity Navigator position is located in the Office for Civil Rights and Title IX Education and Compliance (“OCR”). OCR is responsible for Michigan State University’s equity education and enforcement efforts under its anti-discrimination and anti-harassment policies; including the University’s Title IX policies. The Equity Navigator’s responsibilities include:
- Coordination of requests for interim and protective measures as outlined in the Relationship Violence and Sexual Misconduct Policy and the Anti-Discrimination Policy. Communication and coordination of academic and work alterations with claimants, respondents, academic units, and employment units.
- Development of public-facing resource materials to support the process and provide transparency.
- Organization of claimants’ and respondents’ access to advisors and advocates during the university institutional equity investigation process.
- Identification and collaboration with key campus partners to develop inter-office protocols for specific types of interim measures.
- Collaboration with campus and community support services to provide access to employees and students.
- Collaboration across university colleges and departments to assure students and employees have equal access to the benefits of education and employment.
- Representing the office through service on University committees.
- Development of internal protocols and processes to improve the efficiency and consistency of the process.
- Other duties as assigned.
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
- Three to five years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in managing human resource functions, designing and implementing training programs and human resource/labor relations management and computer applications
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent work ethic and a high level of motivation and productivity.
- Ability to manage a large number of clients.
- Good writing skills, including strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience working directly with individuals from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and meet established timelines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs;
- or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working in a university environment.
- Knowledge of civil rights laws, including Title IX, VI, VII, the ADA, and the Rehabilitation Act.
- Familiarity with trauma-informed approaches and sexual violence prevention programs
- Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year college degree program in Human Resources, Social Work, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Three to five years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in managing human resource functions; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
- Professional work/writing sample
- Three professional references
Please provide all required application materials, including name and contact information for three professional references as well as a professional writing sample.
Bidding Eligibility ends 02/12/2019 at 11:55 PM
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend