Development Officer I
Back to search results
Job no: 560285
Work type: Support Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
Advancement Mktg And Comm 10069781
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Administrative Professionals- AP, PR/Media/Graphics/Comm/Fund Raising, Union
Assistant Dir. of Annual Giving Programs
The Assistant Director of Annual Giving – Affinity Giving is a new role within Annual Giving and will focus on strategies to engage, solicit and steward specific prospect pools such as parents, current students, graduates of the last decade, and grateful patients. This role will utilize Annual Giving direct solicitation channels (direct mail, email, telemarketing, CrowdPower) to ensure targeted audiences receive a compelling and strategic ask to drive increased giving and participation. This role will also be responsible for working with the Annual Giving team to ensure these audiences are properly thanked, based on their affiliation.
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year college degree program in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing and/or Business; one to three years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in professional fund raising, public relations, marketing, higher education fund raising or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- One to three years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive experience in professional fundraising, marketing or related field.
- Ability to recognize importance of teamwork and foster a good working environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong interpersonal skills are required.
- Experience in training and supervision of student employees and/or volunteers is required.
- Ability to work during evening hours and weekends is required.
- Experience in fundraising or public relations is desirable.
- Knowledge of and experience in direct mail and telephone fund raising techniques is desirable.
Required Application Materials
Work hours are 8 am to 5 pm with some nights and weekends
Bidding Eligibility Ends on 2/12/19 at 11:55 PM
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend