Research Associate-Fixed Term
Back to search results
Job no: 551182
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Education
Counseling, Educ Psych & Spec Educ 10014204
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Fixed Term Academic Staff, Research/Scientific, Education/Training
Dr. John S. Carlson (https://carlsoj.wordpress.com/) in the Department of Counseling, Educational Psychology, and Special Education (http://education.msu.edu/cepse/) seeks a research associate (post-doctoral researcher) to work on a diverse array of research projects while getting experience with graduate-level teaching in school psychology.
This Post-Doctoral Research/Teaching position in School Psychology will engage in the following: (1) provide leadership on a state-funded evaluation of evidence-based mental health practices with youth presenting with serious social-emotional-behavioral problems, (2) work collaboratively to develop a line of research pertaining to the impact of target hardening (schools) on psychological and physical safety, (3) carry out a line of research that links closely to the Postdoctoral RAs current and/or future research interests, (4) teach graduate-level courses in school psychology (1 course each semester; fall/spring).
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Conduct longitudinal analyses examining the impact of evidence-based practices on child/adolescent behavioral outcomes
- Coordinate statewide data collection and processing/analysis of data collected via REDCap
- Engage in systematic review of the literature using PRISMA guidelines
- Mentor graduate and undergraduate research associates
- Contribute to manuscripts
- Engage in grant writing opportunities
- Applicants should have an earned doctoral degree in school, developmental, or child clinical psychology or a related field or provide evidence that the doctoral degree will be completed prior to the start of the appointment.
- Experience conducting psychological and/or educational research using a variety of research designs.
- Knowledge and expertise in the use of SPSS and Excel.
- Background in school/child psychology/education as well as an interest and prior experience with a diverse set of data analytic/statistical approaches.
- Interest in a career in academia.
Required Application Materials
(1) cover letter detailing qualifications for the position, including a clear statement of research interests and description of relevant statistical and data management experience, (2) curriculum vitae, (3) up to three representative publications, and (4) names and contact information for three references.
Review of applications will begin 1/15/2019 and continue until the position is filled. Late submissions will be considered if suitable candidates are not identified by the deadline. MSU is an affirmative-action, equal-opportunity employer. MSU is committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. The university actively encourages applications and/or nominations of women, persons of color, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Review of Applications Begins On
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend