Career Services Coordinator
Back to search results
Job no: 549325
Work type: Support Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
Vice Pres For Student Affairs & Services
Career Services And Placement 10066670
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Administrative Professionals- AP, Advising/Counseling, Union
Career Services Adviser
Advises students and coordinates early stage career development activities.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Advises students with a focus on early stage foundational career advising.
- Develops, conducts and evaluates early stage career development activities that may be delivered online, in class presentations, career fairs, workshops/programs, outreach and other settings.
- Promotes early stage career services to the University community, collaborating with career consultants, academic advisers, Neighborhoods, and other staff members engaged in student success.
- Create and distribute advising assessments and provide reporting and analysis for the network.
- Oversees the administration of career assessments.
- Contributes content to newsletters, CSN website, Career Passport and other communications.
- Assists with the development of new educational tools that support the training and development of career agents including, but are not limited to, academic advisors, peer advisors and ambassadors.
- Hires, trains and supervises peer advisors and practicum students.
- Plans and initiates programming for the Student Services Hub (113 Career Services). Examples of programs include, but are not limited to, Resume Boot Camps and Special Drop- In Advising Days.
- Manages workshop and information table requests for the Career Services Network and collaborates across the Network to secure presenters. Assists with campus career events.
- Conducts tours of the Center (113 SSB) for student groups, visiting administrators and community groups in order to acquaint them with available resources.
- Attends, presents, and represents the University at career related professional conferences.
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge equivalent to that which would normally be acquired by completing a masters degree in education, counseling or related area; one to three years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in advising, Human Resources and/or career counseling; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Strong desire to work with university students on career and professional development. Knowledge of career development, job search techniques, and employer hiring practices at the university level; experience working with university students in a career advising role or other career-related setting.
Required Application Materials
Resume and Cover Letter
Standard 8:00 to 5:00, with some evenings and weekends possible.
Bidding Eligibility ends on 12/11/2018 at 11:55 PM
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend