Controller Assistant Manager/Analyst
Back to search results
Job no: 548918
Work type: Support Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Administrative Professionals- AP, Financial/Accounting, Union
Within the central Payroll Office of Michigan State University, the Payroll Analyst position will perform the following duties to support the functional needs of the the payroll operations: Assist with the operations of the central MSU Payroll office. Work with MSU Payroll staff to ensure that each MSU employee is being paid in accordance with University policies and procedures; Assist in making sure that the University is in compliance with the Federal, State and Local Government tax regulations for wages of both U.S. citizens and International employees; Assist management in implementing best business practices in payroll operations arena.
Provide analysis/problem solving of payroll issues as necessary including; pre and post-payroll reports; deduction interfaces to/from SAP system, SAP master data updates, and non-resident alien status; Provide subject matter expertise for system upgrades/enhancements/special projects related to SAP and payroll processes.
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
• Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year college degree program in Business, Accounting, or Finance;
• One to three years of progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in accounting, including payroll systems and taxes, auditing, management;
• Or equivalent combination of education and experience; and may require registration as a CPA or CMA.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field with relevant course work in business administration and information technology.
• Extensive knowledge and demonstrated skills in matters related to payroll, accounting, tax law, human resources and financial management; and may require registration as a CPA or CMA.
• Experience with SAP software
• University experience
• International taxation/treaties
• The ability to work with business services, human resources, and academic units
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• A demonstrated successful leadership record
Required Application Materials
Resume and Cover Letter
Bidding eligibility ends on 12/11/18 at 11:55 PM.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend