Back to search results
Job no: 547722
Work type: Support Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
Michigan State University Extension
Msue Directors Office 10058282
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Clerical Technical- CT, Administrative/Business/Professional, Agriculture, Office/Clerical Support, Non-Union
Monroe County MSU Extension Secretary
Be the “face” of MSU Extension (MSUE) in the County in a way that allows clientele, and potential clientele, to quickly and easily access Extension system information; direct clientele to appropriate information and resources (e.g. Educators, Faculty, MSUE Bookstore, websites); assist with the logistics and promotion of MSUE Educational events in the county; support MSUE staff in a manner consistent with delivery of Extension programs.
- Types and proofreads standard and/or pre-formatted documents in order to provide the necessary documentation for activities within the Department and to produce rough drafts and final copies for faculty and staff.
- Greets visitors and answers the phone in order to provide information or screen, prioritize and route to the correct source.
- Reproduces, collates and staples materials for faculty and staff.
- Requisitions and checks in office and/or copier supplies in order to maintain current inventory.
- Performs daily maintenance of office equipment and arranges for repairs when necessary.
- Compiles information and maintains departmental files and routine records and statistics in order to have records for audits and internal needs.
- Contacts on-campus and off-campus offices in order to arrange for meeting rooms and travel accommodations.
- Sorts, opens, and distributes Department mail.
- Assists with Departmental procedures as required.
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
- High School education with course work in business-related areas, such as typing and shorthand, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Up to six months of experience in word processing, typing and filing.
- May require technical knowledge or training related to the field of employment.
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability for accuracy and thoroughness.
- Knowledge of computer software and usage (e.g., work processing, spreadsheets, scheduling, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Ability to lift and carry educational materials, equipment, etc. up to 25 lbs.
- Proven ability in establishing and working with a diverse network of constituents and community members across race, gender, socioeconomic class, disabilities and other differences.
- Understanding of and ability to implement Civil Rights principles and compliance standards.
- Has an understanding and commitment to equal access and opportunity and to diversity and inclusivity.
- Other skills and/or physical abilities required to perform duties of the position.
Required Application Materials
Applicants are asked to submit a current resume/CV, cover letter and four (4) professional references.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend