Assistant Prof/Associate Prof-Tenure System
Back to search results
Job no: 542815
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Education
Kinesiology - Ed 10014394
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Tenure System Faculty, Athletics/Recreation, Education/Training, Research/Scientific, Non-Union
Ast Prof/Asc Prof
The Department of Kinesiology at Michigan State University (www.educ.msu.edu/kin) is world renowned for research, teaching, and outreach in pediatric kinesiology. Housed in the College of Education, the department serves over 1,400 undergraduate students and 100 graduate students.
- Assistant or associate professor level in the Department of Kinesiology, 9-month tenure system appointment, 100 % employment
- Description of duties -
- Develop and maintain a scholarly research program that will augment department strengths and contribute to an emerging campus human performance and well-being collaborative.
- Seek and obtain external funding.
- Teach in all modes of delivery and at all levels in areas of expertise and department curricular need, with particular focus on the Athletic Training program.
- Recruit, advise, and mentor graduate students at the masters and doctoral levels.
- Perform activities required to maintain CAATE accreditation.
- Perform service as appropriate to the department, college, university, profession, and community.
Applicants must be able to obtain athletic training licensure in the state of Michigan. The successful candidate must: (a) show evidence of significant scholarly accomplishment, (b) conduct research that has substantial potential for acquiring external funding, and (c) demonstrate proficiency in college-level teaching. Associate-level candidates must have a record of success in external funding and show evidence of effective graduate student mentoring.
Postdoctoral experience is desirable for those applying at the Assistant Level. For Assistant/Associate level, preference will be given to candidates who can foster scholarly connections within the department and across campus.
Required Application Materials
Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae that includes names, addresses, emails, and phone numbers of 3 references, and reprints of up to three recent publications
Review of Applications Begins On
November 28, 2018, and will continue until the positon has been filled.
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend