Graphic Artist II
Back to search results
Job no: 539440
Work type: Support Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
International Studies And Programs
International Studies And Programs Dean 10054474
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Administrative Professionals- AP, PR/Media/Graphics/Comm/Fund Raising, Union
The International Studies and Programs graphic artist will serve a key role in advancing Michigan State University’s international research, teaching and engagement through visual storytelling. In collaboration with the ISP communications team, the graphic artist will support ISP and related units, programs, and initiatives by designing and producing digital content and print materials that heighten the visibility and reputation of MSU’s international engagement. The successful candidate will be highly creative with excellent technical design skills as well as a passion for international education, diversity and inclusion.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop a consistent, creative visual identity and style guide for ISP and its affiliated units and centers, adhering to MSU brand guidelines.
- Conceptualize and design various types of digital and print content to support ISP, affiliated units and centers, and MSU international partnerships and projects using professional design software (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite).
- Deliver finished artwork that adheres to all digital and print requirements and with consideration to best practices in accessibility and usability.
- Develop branded tools and design templates in different formats (e.g., Canva, InDesign) for use by ISP unit and center staff.
- Select, take, and/or art direct photography to be used for communications and marketing.
- In collaboration with ISP communications team, develop and maintain production schedule for visual content and print materials.
- Coordinate production of print materials, including developing production schedules, gathering print quotes, and delivering print-ready files to vendors.
- Coordinate the distribution of materials and manage inventories in order to recommend the reprinting, revision or discontinuance of publications.
- Review and/or edit presentations, proposals and other materials for branding, organization, readability, usability and style.
- Assist with website content management.
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year college degree program in Graphic Design, Communications Arts, Advertising or related field; three to five years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive experience in graphic design, including illustration, motion graphics, designing for the web and social media, and print publication design/production, the production of large print publications, proficiency in creative software; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Exceptional organization skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines at a time; ability to work independently and as part of a team; experience designing templates for email marketing (e.g., MailChimp, Constant Contact); photography and video production skills; experience with front-end web design; proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite.
Required Application Materials
Resume, cover letter, and 5-10 portfolio examples or link to digital portfolio
Description of End Date
This is an off-dated position funded for one year from date of hire with possible extension contingent upon funding renewal.
Bidding eligibility ends on 10/16/18 at 11:55 PM
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend